Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-31-2012, 03:16 PM   #361
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
Big honour for some translation work ... a big THANK YOU.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:29 PM   #362
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by diba View Post
Big honour for some translation work ... a big THANK YOU.
Not everybody can do that translation work, and machine translation is often erratic. But now you have to earn that extra 900 points.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:31 PM   #363
notimp
Addict
notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2i
I literally love you for the hyphenation hack. Best thing that ever happend to kindles.
notimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:39 PM   #364
flashmozzg
Enthusiast
flashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Touch
This hack should be included by default.
flashmozzg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:42 PM   #365
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Localizations... please!

We still need localization files for quite a few languages. Thanks to diba, german users can now use everything in their language, and thanks to TulseLuper, many portuguese translations are available as well.

However, other languages seem to be completely ignored. For instance, there is quite a large and interested spanish community, but no spanish translations are available so far. The same is true for italian and french.

Please, guys, I need your help with this. Creating translations is really easy, and they will benefit many people who may not be terribly fluent in english.

While I can read and roughly understand most roman languages (and even order una cerveza, deux bières or tre birre - that is basic survival knowledge for a german abroad ), I can't provide the translations for these languages. Please create and share translations for these languages if you're a native speaker!

Last edited by ixtab; 07-31-2012 at 04:50 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:52 PM   #366
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
@ixtab, y no jbpatch in my transifex? You will definitely find more devoted translators there.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:01 PM   #367
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
@ixtab, y no jbpatch in my transifex? You will definitely find more devoted translators there.
Hmmm... not a bad idea actually. I'll think about it. It currently seems like a little bit of overkill. Let's see whether there will be any reaction to my request, but yeah... definitely worth considering, thanks for the reminder!
Old 07-31-2012, 05:12 PM   #368
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
overkill seems to be the right expression for theese files with few expressions. You will keep more volunteers away with the additional registering.

eet sör gereg (so ungefähr zumindest), wäre mein Beitrag zum Mindestsprachumfang.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:26 PM   #369
notimp
Addict
notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@ixtab: The last line of a page never gets hyphenated. I guess its because you apply the procedure after the initial pageload. Or cant do otherwise. But just in the name of OCD patients everywhere - if you can fix this last little imperfection, please do so.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:41 PM   #370
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by notimp View Post
@ixtab: The last line of a page never gets hyphenated. I guess its because you apply the procedure after the initial pageload. Or cant do otherwise. But just in the name of OCD patients everywhere - if you can fix this last little imperfection, please do so.
Very short reply: I can't. This would require another session of at least 48 hours of digging through horribly obfuscated and ununderstandable code. I'm still exhausted from the last one (yes, I'm happy with the result, but it really was a substantial amount of effort to get there), and I guess we're all just going to have to live with that last line on a page not being subject to hyphenation...

Edit: just so you know what I'm talking about, this is a pretty representative sample of the code that one has to wade through; of course, the logic alone is already quite complex, and the obfuscation just adds to the confusion. Given that there isn't really a way to single-step through the executing code on the machine, all that one can do is a "dead code analysis" of gibberish such as the one shown below.
Spoiler:

Code:
            a = false;
            if(!K(a.H()))
            {
                int a = N.K(a.K().b());
                if(a.H() > a)
                    a = D(a, true);
                else
                if(((i - Y) * 100) / a > 25)
                    a = D(i - Y, false);
                if(!a)
                {
                    a = B(new e(F));
                    F.removeAllElements();
                }
            }

Last edited by ixtab; 08-01-2012 at 07:49 AM.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:49 PM   #371
notimp
Addict

Thank you. Thats the beat down my OCD needed..

And honestly thank you again for what you've done. Reading feel much more natural now.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:19 PM   #372
ixtab
(offline)

Localizations for JBPatch

Localizations for JBPatch can be conveniently created using a user-friendly web interface at Transifex.

The most recent translations can always be found here. They are updated about 5 minutes after every full hour.

If you want to help to make JBPatch useful for everybody:
  • join the translation team for your native language
  • provide or improve some translations
  • enjoy a fully localized Kindle, knowing that other people can also benefit from your work!

A few more notes for translators:
  • The Kindle Touch supports only a handful of languages by default. The most important task is to provide translations for these languages.
  • It is highly appreciated if you actually test your translations on the Kindle, and possibly adapt them to make sure that they work as good as possible.
  • Do not request the creation of additional language teams, unless you are ACTUALLY RUNNING a Kindle Touch with Firmware 5.1.0 or later, with the corresponding locale. JBPatch determines the translations to load based on the current system language, so translations for languages for which no device localization exists are pointless. Because this is getting tiring, I will reject all requests for additional teams, unless you contact me beforehand, stating that you really are running a Kindle with the given locale (but if you actually are, I will happily create the team )

Last edited by ixtab; 08-02-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:21 PM   #373
ixtab
(offline)

Yes, I know that my last post is somewhat redundant with previous ones. It was posted as a "self-contained" post that can be linked from other places, like the first post in this thread, the Wiki, and the Transifex site.

I have currently uploaded all existing translations there. Feel free to join and contribute!
Old 07-31-2012, 10:49 PM   #374
Antoinekamel
Addict
Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ABC W p2
Post Annex: New Portuguese Translation

I made a new translation for portuguese on top of TulseLuper's one. The main changes are (in portuguese):

Spoiler:
- "Patch" deixou de ser "melhoria" e conserva seu nome original intraduzível enquanto termo informático.

- Remoção de alguns "Por favor" para que o texto não ficasse maior do que o espaço destinado a ele na interface e quando considerado mais atrapalhando a compreensão do texto do que sendo gentil.

- "Overview panel" é "painel geral", não mais "painel de visão geral".

- Colocação de ponto final onde no original tem ponto final e remoção caso contrário.

- Capitulação de acordo com o original.

- Correção de tradução, digitação, ortografia.

The hyphenation patch was translated, too.

Muito obrigado por todo o trabalho, TulseLuper, e parabéns! (Thanks and congratulations, TulseLuper!)
Attached Files
File Type: zip jbpatch-pt.zip (5.5 KB, 184 views)

Last edited by Antoinekamel; 07-31-2012 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Code snippet wrongly inserted
Antoinekamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:14 PM   #375
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinekamel View Post
I made a new translation for portuguese on top of TulseLuper's one. The main changes are (in portuguese):

Spoiler:
- "Patch" deixou de ser "melhoria" e conserva seu nome original intraduzível enquanto termo informático.

- Remoção de alguns "Por favor" para que o texto não ficasse maior do que o espaço destinado a ele na interface e quando considerado mais atrapalhando a compreensão do texto do que sendo gentil.

- "Overview panel" é "painel geral", não mais "painel de visão geral".

- Colocação de ponto final onde no original tem ponto final e remoção caso contrário.

- Capitulação de acordo com o original.

- Correção de tradução, digitação, ortografia.

The hyphenation patch was translated, too.

Muito obrigado por todo o trabalho, TulseLuper, e parabéns! (Thanks and congratulations, TulseLuper!)
Thank you! portuguese is now 96% translated: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/jbpatch/

Note that your files were also in the wrong encoding. You used ISO-8859-1 insted of UTF-8... I converted and uploaded the translations for you, and the next update (in ~ 50 minutes from now) will include them.

Please register at transifex to manage the translations. This way, there is an easy-to-use UI, you don't have to worry about these pesky encodings anymore, and the entire process from translation to distribution is automated... no more editing and attaching files

Tags
jbpatch, kindle touch hacks