Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-06-2009, 05:38 PM   #1
Morkl
Connoisseur
Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.

Device: PRS-T1
Exclamation Unable to authorize!

Hello there!

I have a problem with my newly bought PRS-600 (or, perhaps, rather the eBook Library application).

When I log in I come to a "Oops, the page you requested is temporarily unavailable." screen, but I am at least logged in afterwards and can navigate through "My account" to the "Manage devices" page.

When I click the "Authorize this device" button on the "Manage devices" page I get an error page:
Quote:
/!\ Unable to access eBook Store
Check your network settings to ensure you have access to the internet.
I read a bunch of threads about problems appearing when using Symantec/Norton antivirus and the solution was to inactivate the network protection. I have Symantec Antivirus installed but only with file system protection and the problem remains even when i turn that off.

I also tried installing Windows XP anew in a VMWare virtual machine but got the same error.

It kind of makes me regret that i bought a couple of books through the Sony store before the device arrived...

Any ideas?
Morkl is offline   Reply With Quote