Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-24-2011, 09:35 AM   #1
bakerjw
Enthusiast
bakerjw doesn't litterbakerjw doesn't litter

Device: none
Kindle 2 versus New Kindle screen question

I had an original Kindle but sold it a few months after the initial purchase. I wasn't reading as much as I thought I would. I liked the screen and it did a good job.

A couple of years ago I picked up a Kindle 2 and the screen was about the same. Very readable.

Last year for Christmas I picked up a pair of Kindle 3s for Christmas presents and noticed that the screens were much brighter than the one on my Kindle 2. I am assuming that they are the pearl screens?

I'm now thinking about picking up a new Kindle for myself which has me wondering how much difference there is between the screen on my Kindle 2 and wither the Kindle Touch or the Kindle without the keyboard.

Does anyone with a Kindle 2 and newer Kindle have any input? I suppose I can take mine into Best Buy or WalMart and compare but you know how the crowds are this time of the year.
bakerjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:43 AM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerjw View Post
Last year for Christmas I picked up a pair of Kindle 3s for Christmas presents and noticed that the screens were much brighter than the one on my Kindle 2. I am assuming that they are the pearl screens?
Yes, they are. The screens of the new Kindles are the same Pearl screens, and should be the same as your K3 (barring individual variations).
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2011, 07:29 AM   #3
bakerjw
Enthusiast
bakerjw doesn't litterbakerjw doesn't litter

Device: none
Just as an update. I did pick up a new Kindle. The $79.00 one with advertising instead of screen savers.

Compared to my Kindle 2 the e-ink screen is a bit brighter but the difference is most noticeable from an angle.

Wireless was a breeze to set up and it works great.
bakerjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:43 AM   #4
Martyd
Zealot
Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard,nexus 7,Kindle Voyage
Take a look at this thread.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=152579
Martyd is offline   Reply With Quote