Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 07:46 AM   #1891
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
If you reset to factory default, I think you removed the jailbreak and any other modifications you had added. You will have to jailbreak again, unless I am mistaken.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:50 AM   #1892
zelo
zelo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
Nope, the jailbreak is still applied

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
If you reset to factory default, I think you removed the jailbreak and any other modifications you had added. You will have to jailbreak again, unless I am mistaken.
Seems like installed font-customization still works. Or I'm wrong and it doesn't mean anything? Should I jailbreak again?! (Oh, no... )
Advert
Old 09-07-2013, 07:59 AM   #1893
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wait for an expert....I am not positive. I also have the backdoor lock hack so that I do not get firmware upgrades, which may break your hacks....unless the experts have fixed that issue.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:18 AM   #1894
zelo

How can I install it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Wait for an expert....I am not positive. I also have the backdoor lock hack so that I do not get firmware upgrades, which may break your hacks....unless the experts have fixed that issue.
I think I need to install it too. In any case, I prefer Amazon not installing anything on the device without my permission
Old 09-07-2013, 10:24 AM   #1895
zelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelo View Post
I think I need to install it too. In any case, I prefer Amazon not installing anything on the device without my permission
Well, I used Kubrick again to reflash, installed jailbrake again, but still the Kindle collections Plugin doesn't see the books on the device... Some weird...
Advert
Old 09-07-2013, 10:27 AM   #1896
zelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelo View Post
Well, I used Kubrick again to reflash, installed jailbrake again, but still the Kindle collections Plugin doesn't see the books on the device... Some weird...
I can't believe the solution is that simple! The files' extensions was in capital case, so the plug in just ignored the files, but when they are in lowercase - that works great!

Thanks a lot! Nice plug in, just take care of the letters registry!
Old 09-07-2013, 10:57 AM   #1897
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Glad you got it working. I've got kubrick on mine too, and I recently put on Koreader, now I can read epubs on my kindle!
Old 09-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #1898
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@zelo/@booklover6: According to zelo's profile, he has a K4, so no full updates issues with hacks there, and no requirement on jailbreaking the device to run this plugin .

@zelo: I'll have to check how Calibre does it, but in the meantime, were you able to see those uppercase books in Calibre's "Device" book list?

EDIT: Yup, it's a bug, Calibre does it properly.

EDIT²: Hopefully fixed in v34 of my twekaed version. (dry coded, will have time to test later, so do shout at me if everything implodes in a fiery rain of blood ^^).

EDIT^3: ... Yup, I forgot a stupid c/p typo that broke it. v34 was broken, I just posted v35 to fix it .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-11-2013 at 10:56 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #1899
artur251
artur251 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
I have a problem with a plugin: after installation , my Kindle 4.1.1 properly collected (from the import) collections of books moved "by hand" on the device, but all the books regardless of the collection in Calibre, Calibre sends to the root of the device. How can I fix it (what's the problem)?
Old 09-11-2013, 06:23 PM   #1900
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@artur251: Collections are (by default) completely unrelated to where Calibre sends books?

Check the 'Sending books to device' path template in the settings to tweak this.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:33 AM   #1901
artur251
artur251 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
@NiLuJe
YES.
As I have wrote : <all the books regardless of the collection in Calibre, Calibre sends to the root of the device>. Why (where is the solution)?

Last edited by artur251; 09-13-2013 at 07:30 AM.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:29 AM   #1902
FaF
FaF can extract oil from cheeseFaF can extract oil from cheeseFaF can extract oil from cheeseFaF can extract oil from cheeseFaF can extract oil from cheeseFaF can extract oil from cheeseFaF can extract oil from cheeseFaF can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
Hi,

I've Jailbroken my Kindle Paperwhite, also done the Kindlet Jailbreak and added Developers Certificates Bundle.

I then installed the Calibre plugin and tried to import my collections into the newly created Imported Kindle Collection column.

When I run the import I get the following back :

calibre, version 1.1.0
Kindle Collections: Collections imported into custom column "Imported Kindle Collections".<P><P>10 warning messages.

Warnings:
Failed to get time of file "E:\documents\Londoners_ The Days and Nights of London as Told by Those Who Love It, Hate It, Live It, Long for It, Have Left It and Everything Inbetween_B00623DY3Y.sdr\Londoners_ The Days and Nights of London as Told by Those Who Love It, Hate It, Live It, Long for It, Have Left It and Everything Inbetween_B00623DY3Y.mbs"
Failed to get time of file "E:\documents\Londoners_ The Days and Nights of London as Told by Those Who Love It, Hate It, Live It, Long for It, Have Left It and Everything Inbetween_B00623DY3Y.sdr\Londoners_ The Days and Nights of London as Told by Those Who Love It, Hate It, Live It, Long for It, Have Left It and Everything Inbetween_B00623DY3Y.sdr"
Failed to get time of file "E:\documents\Londoners_ The Days and Nights of London as Told by Those Who Love It, Hate It, Live It, Long for It, Have Left It and Everything Inbetween_B00623DY3Y.sdr\Londoners_ The Days and Nights of London as Told by Those Who Love It, Hate It, Live It, Long for It, Have Left It and Everything Inbetween_B00623DY3Y.mbp1"
Failed to get time of file "E:\documents\Londoners_ The Days and Nights of London as Told by Those Who Love It, Hate It, Live It, Long for It, Have Left It and Everything Inbetween_B00623DY3Y.sdr\Londoners_ The Days and Nights of London as Told by Those Who Love It, Hate It, Live It, Long for It, Have Left It and Everything Inbetween_B00623DY3Y.phl"
Failed to get time of file "E:\documents\Londoners_ The Days and Nights of London as Told by Those Who Love It, Hate It, Live It, Long for It, Have Left It and Everything Inbetween_B00623DY3Y.sdr\Londoners_ The Days and Nights of London as Told by Those Who Love It, Hate It, Live It, Long for It, Have Left It and Everything Inbetween_B00623DY3Y.apnx"
Failed to get time of file "E:\documents\TREAD SOFTLY ON MY DREAMS_ An Epic Novel From Ireland's Past (Book #1 in THE LIBERTY TRILOGY) (Book One of The Liberty Trilogy)_B008J2AQ32.sdr\TREAD SOFTLY ON MY DREAMS_ An Epic Novel From Ireland's Past (Book #1 in THE LIBERTY TRILOGY) (Book One of The Liberty Trilogy)_B008J2AQ32.mbp1"
Failed to get time of file "E:\documents\TREAD SOFTLY ON MY DREAMS_ An Epic Novel From Ireland's Past (Book #1 in THE LIBERTY TRILOGY) (Book One of The Liberty Trilogy)_B008J2AQ32.sdr\TREAD SOFTLY ON MY DREAMS_ An Epic Novel From Ireland's Past (Book #1 in THE LIBERTY TRILOGY) (Book One of The Liberty Trilogy)_B008J2AQ32.mbs"
Failed to get time of file "E:\documents\TREAD SOFTLY ON MY DREAMS_ An Epic Novel From Ireland's Past (Book #1 in THE LIBERTY TRILOGY) (Book One of The Liberty Trilogy)_B008J2AQ32.sdr\TREAD SOFTLY ON MY DREAMS_ An Epic Novel From Ireland's Past (Book #1 in THE LIBERTY TRILOGY) (Book One of The Liberty Trilogy)_B008J2AQ32.phl"
Failed to get time of file "E:\documents\TREAD SOFTLY ON MY DREAMS_ An Epic Novel From Ireland's Past (Book #1 in THE LIBERTY TRILOGY) (Book One of The Liberty Trilogy)_B008J2AQ32.sdr\TREAD SOFTLY ON MY DREAMS_ An Epic Novel From Ireland's Past (Book #1 in THE LIBERTY TRILOGY) (Book One of The Liberty Trilogy)_B008J2AQ32.apnx"
Failed to get time of file "E:\documents\The Millennium Trilogy_ The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire & The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest (a 3-in-1 ebook pack)_B00AE4OGCU.sdr\The Millennium Trilogy_ The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire & The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest (a 3-in-1 ebook pack)_B00AE4OGCU.apnx"

These files are empty and will be ignored by the Kindle:

E:\documents\kindlean.sdr\kindlean.azw3f.bad_file

These files all have the same Kindle code - you should remove the extra copies:

Path: E:\documents\Dead Man's Time (Roy Grace 9)_B00B5WKKPW.azw3
Title: Dead Man's Time (Roy Grace 9)
Code: #B00B5WKKPW^EBOK

Path: E:\documents\James, Peter\Dead Man's Time (RG9) - Peter James.azw3
Title: Dead Man's Time (RG9)
Code: #B00B5WKKPW^EBOK

These files all have the same Kindle code - you should remove the extra copies:

Path: E:\documents\Misplaced Loyalty (Meredith & Hodge Novels)_B009EC3MQO.azw3
Title: Misplaced Loyalty (Meredith & Hodge Novels)
Code: #B009EC3MQO^EBOK

Path: E:\documents\Turner, Marcia\Misplaced Loyalty (M&H1) - Marcia Turner.azw3
Title: Misplaced Loyalty (M&H1)
Code: #B009EC3MQO^EBOK

I am then told that the import is complete, however, the column is not populated with the collections data.

I would be grateful for any help.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #1903
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@FaF: Are you using the tweaked version of the plug-in for use with CM?

(Also, fix the warnings. The duplicates/empty files are easy enough, but the failed to get time ones probably shouldn't happen on a sane FS...)

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-13-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:30 PM   #1904
FaF
FaF can extract oil from cheeseFaF can extract oil from cheeseFaF can extract oil from cheeseFaF can extract oil from cheeseFaF can extract oil from cheeseFaF can extract oil from cheeseFaF can extract oil from cheeseFaF can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@FaF: Are you using the tweaked version of the plug-in for use with CM?

(Also, fix the warnings. The duplicates/empty files are easy enough, but the failed to get time ones probably shouldn't happen on a sane FS...)
Hi,

Thanks for your help.

I have cleared up all the errors and there are no error messages now but the column is still not being populated.

The plugin file was downloaded from here : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1760

In Calibre it shows as : Kindle Collections (1.7.11) by meme. The Device setting says Kindle Paperwhite.

Last edited by FaF; 09-13-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:03 PM   #1905
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@FaF: Did you export your collections from CM beforehand?
Closed Thread