Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 04-14-2013, 06:35 PM   #346
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardno View Post
So has anyone found a dock that can work with the Arc? I always liked having a dock on my bedside table and this is the first device Ive owned that doesnt have one available.
Try the iHome for Android... http://www.ihomeaudio.com/iC3SC/
Android docks are a challenge because of the different formats but this one worked great with my Vox and should work fine with the Arc. Available at Amazon.ca but I got mine at Marshalls.

(I couldn't use the micro USB on the stand to charge the Vox, had to plug the stand + the vox charger but on the Arc you won't have that issue)

Last edited by Cdesja5; 04-14-2013 at 06:46 PM. Reason: More details
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:29 AM   #347
Dangze
Enthusiast
Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: Kobo Arc 32Go
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
That page does not exist !
Dangze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:50 PM   #348
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
It most certainly does exist! I just opened it again from the link I posted.
The product is also sold on Amazon, as I mentioned previously, just search for it by name.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #349
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
It most certainly does exist! I just opened it again from the link I posted.
The product is also sold on Amazon, as I mentioned previously, just search for it by name.
Yep product popped up for me too. Looks nice. I may have to buy one.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:17 AM   #350
darknk
darknk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 16GB
FYI - For anyone looking for a case. The Kobo Arc fits perfectly in the leather roots case from the first gen Kobo(non-touch) I think the kobo wifi is the same size too. It's good to keep your old accessories
darknk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:28 PM   #351
Luvinit
Luvinit began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo arc
Does everyone have their Jelly Bean update? I just activated my Kobo Arc Wednesday and there was a 350 MB update but, no Jelly Bean. I chatted online with Kobo support and they told me it sometimes takes up to 5 days for their system to recognize the new arc on their system to send it the update. 5 Days later and still no Jelly Bean so I chat again. They explain to me how to clear the cache and reboot and tell me to try again. No go so I chat again. I'm then told they're having issues with the jelly bean update and are no longer updating it until the issues are resolved. I don't see anything on the internet anywhere about this. Does anyone know about this? I only have 20 days left to send back my Kobo arc if I'm not happy with it; this isn't making me happy A.
Luvinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:00 PM   #352
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
There have been posts here from Kobo-Robin where he did mention the upgrade being put on hold while an issue with Google-Play was resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobo-Robin View Post
No, the issue is with Google movies not working properly. When that is fixed a new update will go live.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:43 PM   #353
Luvinit
Luvinit began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo arc
Luvin' My Koboarc

Thanks for the quick response on the Jelly Bean update Peter. No idea when it's coming but, I have no idea what difference it makes anyway so no point in worrying about it.

Got the Koboarc when I saw it advertised on the Shopping Channel in Canada for a great deal! It is the 32g model and came with a 'zip up' soft cover and over $500 worth of apps. Last summer I had spilled wine all over my Kindle (and my husband's cell phone) and killed it so I found it difficult to bring myself to spend the money again on another reader. Until I saw this one! I immediately went online and researched the arc and saw it was pretty much only in close running with Nexus7 and so I made the leap.

I'm pretty much app illiterate. Other than Windows operating systems, I had no idea what 'sandwich' and 'jelly bean' meant; I have an older blackberry for a phone so you can understand. I was laughing out loud at how out of touch I was with technology as I watched several YouTube videos to help me figure out how to use the different menus, tapestries, etc. on the arc. I'm an Aries so it didn't take long for me to get frustrated with my lack of knowledge and not understanding how to use any of the gadgets the Kobo has to offer. I was ready to send it back. I then finally realized I could just download the Guide and read it and it is an easy read. Before I knew it, I was creating personalized tapestries for our upcoming trips and pinning websites, pics, etc. in them. I've watched YouTube, downloaded a few apps to allow me watch my movies and listen to my mp4s and I am thoroughly impressed! The sound is great and I'm sure my battery life is fairly reasonable considering I've been on the thing almost non-stop each evening since I got it trying out new apps and filling it with information. I uploaded the Nova Launcher but, I kinda missed the Discovery Bar when it disappeared I don't launch with that anymore. I got rid of '7digital' and the 'Cinema now' app in my 'Entertainment' tapestry and use 'Play Music' and 'MoboPlayer' for my music and videos. The 'deal' came with 'SplashID'; what a COOL idea that is! I also uploaded 'OverDrive Media Console' but, haven't played with it too much yet to see if it's something to keep. Uninstalling apps is easy so if I don't like 'em, I just get rid of 'em (apparently you can't uninstall factory installed apps although I haven't tried). No problem transferring over and reading books in .pdf format either.

I've had it outside in the sunshine (Yes. We had two days of it here in Halifax in the last week) and the screen auto adjusted so that I could easily see it and surf the web! My husband's IPad 2 hardly picks up the wifi at all from the same spot. I had brought it to work today and when I pulled in the driveway it came alive updating my email. I couldn't believe the range on the wifi! I used to 'steal' his IPad from him all the time and now I just feel sorry for him that he doesn't have the Kobo. He loves the Kobo too (he snuck in some play time with it while I was at work).

Thought I'd regret not getting my boring old Kindle back with the manual keyboard and page turning but, now I could never go back! I'm happy I haven't run into any of the glitches some of you are describing although the Blackberry mini usb cable I used the first time to hook up to my pc didn't work and I just switched to another I had in the drawer and no problems. I research the best apps to add on the internet and have ended up using them over the ones that came pre-installed. I hope the Jelly Bean update doesn't 'mess up' my Koboarc. I love my new little friend Great board with lots of great information! Thanks for all of the contributions. They have been very helpful!
Luvinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:29 AM   #354
edwardno
edwardno began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
How come my arc is still running 4.0.4? I have checked for updates and it says there is nothing new. Isn't it released in Canada yet?
edwardno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:47 AM   #355
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Fonepad,kobo arc,htc onex, htc titan
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardno View Post
How come my arc is still running 4.0.4? I have checked for updates and it says there is nothing new. Isn't it released in Canada yet?
Please read the post by PeterT two above yours .And then read the next post, the one just before yours
stevov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #356
sonner
sonner began at the beginning.

Device: arc
Hello

I would like to connect my arc to my canon 7D dslr camera. Is it possible ? does the arc support the USB OTG ? is there a workarround when it doesn't?
thanks for your support
sonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #357
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonner View Post
Hello

I would like to connect my arc to my canon 7D dslr camera. Is it possible ? does the arc support the USB OTG ? is there a workarround when it doesn't?
thanks for your support
Sadly the arc does not support OTG. The lack of connectivity is this tablets biggest flaw.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:17 AM   #358
wiiinston
wiiinston began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
new update

So a couple of months ago I updated my kobo arc to 4.1.1. And I pretty much hated it. There's a newer update put up, does anyone know anything about before I download it?
wiiinston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:43 AM   #359
stevov
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiiinston View Post
So a couple of months ago I updated my kobo arc to 4.1.1. And I pretty much hated it. There's a newer update put up, does anyone know anything about before I download it?
Its a rework of the original 4.1.1 update that you hated. So far looks much the same. The problem with the first update was Google play movies so they said and this new update corrects that. With everything else now running at least 4.1.2 and getting ready for 4.2, I have very little hope for the future of this tablet.A couple of weeks ago I bought the Asus Fonepad and haven't stopped smiling.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:25 PM   #360
Eggbox
Eggbox began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc 32GB
Hi. I posted this elewhere and was told it was the wrong forum!! Is this the right one??

I'm a newbie Kobo Arc owner/reader but maybe not for long..

Having researched the Arc on the net with non of my friends owning a Kobo I bought an Arc from WHSmith last Saturday.

My first shock was the recommendations of books and videos displayed on the Arc screen. YouTube, it seems, thought I would be interested to watch videos of Girls in Prison; Chinese Torture and beheadings; Uncensored material from "Cruelest Death camp"; Chinese executions and Real execution scenes from Gas Chamber and electric chair; hangings etc.... and to read; MILF PICTURES - I'll show you my ass and Nude amateurs amongst many others.

Where does this come from? Are these standard lists for all Kobo buyers? From the pre-teen to the elderly? Worse, in the software, there seems no intuitive means of deleting these "recommendations".. There must be surely??

With three smart pre-teen grandchildren I now can't leave this tablet for them to explore.

Add to this (in my view) the quite pointless Discovery Bar which, through this forum, I find I can disable but not regain the real estate. If I were incapable of knowing what I wanted to read, see and hear could I not have had this as an option rather than be told "here it is, it is good and you will grow to like it!"

Are we really in an era where we are rendered incapable of doing our own researches and making our own discoveries and our own choices of what we need/want to watch and read on our screens rather than being locked into the whims of money making machines?

Maybe this can be sorted out. Or maybe Tablet life is not for me...
Eggbox is offline   Reply With Quote