Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-26-2011, 05:35 AM   #211
Backi
Connoisseur
Backi has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: PB912 Matt White
Quote:
Originally Posted by duskwalker View Post
Hi Guys,

does anybody know how to install StarDict - Dictionaries on the device.
Please help.
I found the inforamation, that there should exist an folder "Dicts" on the device and there you should place the dictionaries. I did(it was an stardict-dictd_www.freedict.de_eng-deu-2.4.2.tar.bz2 file), but nothing happened.
It's a typo on the FAQ-page: It must be "dicts" (with small "d").
Create this folder yourself, if it doesn't exist.
Backi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 05:46 AM   #212
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by duskwalker View Post
Hi Guys,

does anybody know how to install StarDict - Dictionaries on the device.
Please help.
I found the inforamation, that there should exist an folder "Dicts" on the device and there you should place the dictionaries. I did(it was an stardict-dictd_www.freedict.de_eng-deu-2.4.2.tar.bz2 file), but nothing happened.
How to install Stardict dictionaries to Onyx Boox:
1. Create folder "dicts" (either on a SD-card or in internal memory)
2. Unpack the downloaded archive - it contains a folder with 3 files.
3. Create a new folder in your "dict" folder with the name of dictionary (stardict-English_German e.g.) and copy the 3 files into this folder

Now you can use it with your distionary app

Last edited by Booxtor; 12-26-2011 at 06:03 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:10 AM   #213
duskwalker
duskwalker began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
StarDict installation

Booxter, that it. Thank you a lot.
Now its working well.
And thank you also for so fast delivery.
The device is exactly what I wanted to have, I wasn't disapointed in any area.
duskwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:58 AM   #214
abpos
abpos began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle 3(WiFi/3G)
Problem SD Card Slot

Got mine for 2 days now. Everything seems to work fine.
But can't get the SD Card(sdhc 16 GB) out of the card slot. Or ist there a trick?
While testing the SD-Card the device froze 1 time, because I tried to get the card out while it was in use.
I had to use a pair of tweezers to get the card out.

Don't get me wrong the sd-card works fine, just want to get it out sometimes.

Last edited by abpos; 12-28-2011 at 06:27 AM.
abpos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:42 AM   #215
Hominis_Nocturna
Non Opus Dei
Hominis_Nocturna began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Let's hope that the shipping time is low, if it is anything similar to customer service (how long can you wait for an answer to a question?) then it suck. :P
Hominis_Nocturna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:04 AM   #216
Backi
Connoisseur
Backi has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: PB912 Matt White
Quote:
Originally Posted by abpos View Post
While testing the SD-Card the device froze 1 time, because I tried to get the card out while it was in use.
I think, the SD-card removal feature (Manual, section 5.4.2) is supposed to avoid this.
Backi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:43 PM   #217
medvedev
Connoisseur
medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,
You can install a lot of free STARDICT dictionaries. Just google a litle bit
Can I use other dictionaries too? StarDict is very old and not developed anymore!
If yes, which dictionaries are possible?
medvedev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 06:49 PM   #218
kamizase
Connoisseur
kamizase doesn't litterkamizase doesn't litterkamizase doesn't litter

Device: Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by abpos View Post
But can't get the SD Card(sdhc 16 GB) out of the card slot. Or ist there a trick?
Dunno if thats the case for M92, but on my ancient Boox model, you have to press the card with a fingernail slightly inside till it "clicks" and the card gets pushed outside. THe same way you insert the card, just in reverse.
kamizase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:09 AM   #219
abpos

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamizase View Post
Dunno if thats the case for M92, but on my ancient Boox model, you have to press the card with a fingernail slightly inside till it "clicks" and the card gets pushed outside. THe same way you insert the card, just in reverse.
That's what i tried and it didn't work. Tried again today and it works.
Maybe it was clamped by me
Old 12-27-2011, 03:10 AM   #220
abpos

password protected pdf

no problem opening these files! GREAT!
Old 12-27-2011, 03:12 AM   #221
kamizase
Connoisseur
kamizase doesn't litterkamizase doesn't litterkamizase doesn't litter

Device: Onyx Boox 60
Question:

In the spec (for whole M series) there is a microphone listed. Is there software to use it?
kamizase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:13 AM   #222
abpos

search in landscape mode

the search bar is not visible in landscape mode.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:40 PM   #223
maindoor
Enthusiast
maindoor began at the beginning.

Device: hanlin
Can the new Lucky owners of M92, post a review on how is the behavior after extended
usage ?
1) Does it lose contrast when the battery goes low ?
2) Any wifi connectivity issues ie. Any disconnects after keeping it on for a while ?
3) any hangs or crashes ?
maindoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:47 AM   #224
machinogodzilla
Addict
machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PBook 902† Kindle† Nook SimpleTouch† Onyx M92† i86† M96 N96ML NotePro
Question Several books opened simultaneously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fool_on_the_hill View Post
A quick review from my initial impressions, which are very positive...
Thanks for the review!

One question from me. Can you have several books opened at the same time and if so is there an easy way to switch between them (an equivalent of, for instance, ALT+TAB key combination in Windows)?
machinogodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:40 AM   #225
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505, KDXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by machinogodzilla View Post
Thanks for the review!

One question from me. Can you have several books opened at the same time and if so is there an easy way to switch between them (an equivalent of, for instance, ALT+TAB key combination in Windows)?
according to a video made by jbaach, multitasking is not available

Would like to have that feature as well.
eLiNK is offline   Reply With Quote