Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-21-2013, 08:18 AM   #1
andysuth
andysuth is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.andysuth is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.andysuth is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.andysuth is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.andysuth is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.andysuth is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.andysuth is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.andysuth is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.andysuth is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.andysuth is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.andysuth is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kindle3
PAYG Simcard INTO Kindle.

Hi,

Firstly, please note I am looking to put a Sim INTO the kindle, i.e. use my Data on a Kindle.

I recently repaired a friend's Kindle with a broken screen only to find it had been blacklisted from Amazon as he'd had it replaced by Amazon. D'oh.

I've been having a play around with it, and have the command prompt linux running. Whilst the Kindle Serial / Mac / Sim are probably all useless now, I do wonder if anyone has put a non-Amazon Sim into the K3i and have they had any success with accessing internet over the PAYG sim?

Sadly I've been googling "How to change Kindle APN" etc. and all I get is results about people trying to use the Amazon Sim in their mobiles, almost the opposite of what I want to do.

Has anyone attempted / succeeded at this before?

Thanks,

-Andy.
andysuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:36 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Yes, and it is posted on this forum - somewhere.

While logged in, click the "search" button in the upper right corner of the page with the "search text" box empty.
That will take you to the "advanced search" page.
Good luck.

You might add a link to the post or thread in an appropriate spot of the master index pages when (if) you find it.

Last edited by knc1; 05-21-2013 at 08:42 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #3
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
already there
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:21 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
already there
Thanks -
I admit it -
I didn't look any harder than the O.P. did, my bad.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sim kindle apn payg