Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-14-2012, 07:37 AM   #1
robdrob
Enthusiast
robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: almost every kindle,iPad,android tablet,kobo you name it
Kobo Mini

Hello just an FYI for fellow Americans . Best Buy has the Mini available for shipping on their website. I was able to order one .

Good Luck
robdrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:17 AM   #2
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
I got one last week to carry around with me for my commute etc. Great size for my purse (mine are rather small...),and the screen shows a lot more of a page than my phone. Surprisingly, I don't find it hard to switch from my Sony to the Mini, page turns are quick, fonts are clear and the UI easy to use.
No buyer's regret here!
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2012, 10:18 AM   #3
mycurlylocks
Addict
mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I saw that and jumped on it. Both colors are in stock. I bought one of each to donate as raffle prizes. It's going to be so hard to not open a box. Although... maybe I should check them out, just in case something is wrong with one.
mycurlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:36 AM   #4
selina4books
Addict
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Glo, & Aura HD, KPW, Nook Glow, Nook HD
Got one! It will be here the 16th or 17th. I am a Happy Camper! Looks like the perfect size for my purse! I had already ordered it an Oberon mini sleeve (which they are discontinuing unfortunately) so it even has a nice place to live in my purse.
selina4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:39 AM   #5
robdrob
Enthusiast
robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

mycurlylocks.
Yes I think you should try them out to make sure they work.. A couple of weeks on each should suffice no really that is nice that you got them for a raffle. maybe you will win one back..
Advert
Old 10-14-2012, 10:41 AM   #6
robdrob
Enthusiast

selina4books. Got Lucky missed out on last weeks supply. Checked 7:30 this morning and they were available again. should be here 15 or 16th had 10.00 in rewards coupons so I put it to expedited shipping.. Good Luck
Old 10-14-2012, 11:56 AM   #7
mycurlylocks
Addict
mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wish I could see what color is on the back of the white reader. I assume it's going to be silver. All the pictures I can find are for the black one.

I've got a delivery date of 17 Oct, but I figure they're coming by mail, so who knows when they will show up.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:05 PM   #8
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

All the ones I saw at Chapters-Indigo and Best Buy here in Canada had black/black or white/silver. The other colours are the ones you can buy separately as a snap back...
http://www.kobo.com/kobomini/design/
Old 10-14-2012, 12:10 PM   #9
mycurlylocks
Addict

Thanks, Chantal! That's what I needed to know. Whomever wins them, can buy their own backs if they want to. I just wanted to make certain the back was a neutral color.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:15 PM   #10
selina4books
Addict
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Glo, & Aura HD, KPW, Nook Glow, Nook HD
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by robdrob View Post
selina4books. Got Lucky missed out on last weeks supply. Checked 7:30 this morning and they were available again. should be here 15 or 16th had 10.00 in rewards coupons so I put it to expedited shipping.. Good Luck
robedrob, same here last week---I actually had it in my cart and while checking out they sold out...I typed in my credit card and hit Place Order...and it said the item had been removed from my cart because it was no longer available. So close! But I made it today! My old Kobo is dead as a doornail and refuses to update so I will be really glad to see this one show up on my doorstep.
selina4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:15 AM   #11
Cdesja5
Wizard

Got myself a neoprene case for my Mini today from Amazon since nothing appears to be available anywhere...It's not really a Mini case, it's a 5" gps case with almost exactly the same measurements as the Mini. It comes with a little mini-stylus which I wouldn't likely use with it as there is no audio on the Mini (therefore no place to plug it in) but I can use it with my smartphone.
This is what I got: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41dF7dO4O3L.jpg for $4.99.
I'll post back when I get it to comment on the fit etc.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:25 AM   #12
tnforpaul45
Zealot
tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle DX
If these had the same high-res screen as the Glo (but of course at smaller resolution, but same PPI), I might have just gotten one of these. But I'm waiting for the Glo

Nice to see that Kobo is working out their supply chain hiccups though
tnforpaul45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:34 AM   #13
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Went ahead and ordered one today. I still want the Glo, but this will keep me entertained until they become available.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:24 AM   #14
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
I went today to local Fnac and I saw Kobo Mini. What a cutie!!! Somebody next to me was asking for Kobo Glo but there were none on display. I fell in love with the mini. but I don't need 4th ereader (sniff)
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:31 AM   #15
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Is it wrong of me to want mini, even though I own two (!) Sony PRS-350s (same size screen)?
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote