Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-20-2009, 01:47 AM   #1
hamah
hamah began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Download from Amazon to PC "broken"?...

Interesting trouble here. Selecting either 1-Click purchases or sample download using the "Transfer via Computer" in the "Deliver to" pull-down no longer works for me as it once did. Instead of triggering a download dialog pop-up window nothing happens and I'm taken to a 2nd page asking me to once again select the device to download my content to. Selecting the same option of "Transfer via Computer" simply refreshes the page and the pull-down once again shows the device as being my Kindle (the default device).

I have found a workaround however. If, when directed to the 2nd page, I leave the pull-down device selection at the default of my Kindle and then click "Continue" the download completes as it should (as if the download device selected was "Transfer.." and not "Kindle").

Alternatively I can select any other device such as the Kindle PC or Kindle iPhone app (I don't use Whispernet to send directly to the Kindle as I'm an International user) during purchase and then once I can see the content under "Your Orders" on the "Manage Your Kindle" page I can then select "Transer via Computer" as the device to download to.

I have tried different computers (desktop and 2 different MBP laptops), OSs (Win 7 and OS X), browsers (FF, Safari, IE), networks (home, corporate VPN, tehered iPhone 3G), and Amazon accounts (mine and a "test" account) in various combinations...all with the same consistent results.

I have spent, as you might imagine, a significant amount of time to troubleshoot this and I'm stumped. Luckily the time spent resulted in discovering the workarounds I mention or I would have been unable to purchase any further content from Amazon and been forced to alternative sources of content.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
hamah is offline   Reply With Quote