Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-20-2012, 06:26 AM   #16
BetaParker
BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: helpful
Thumbs up

I got a Galaxy Player 4.2 less than a week ago and found that its battery seems to be discharging too quickly while idle. Below is the battery life graph in Settings, Above Device, Battery use. Does this look normal to you? My device has the latest firmware and only a few apps installed, and is unrooted. In 32 hours, the battery went from 100% to 30%, a drop of 2% per hour. During idle, I always have my Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS off, in addition to closing all apps in memory.
BetaParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:54 AM   #17
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Winters View Post
Hi cfrizz,
I've no advice on your problem with Aldiko but you may want to try Mantano as well.
I found Aldiko to create double versions of books on my player whether I stored them on the internal or external storage. It is a known problem, for some time, and they have done nothing to correct it.
I've used Mantano, both free and now paid version, and find it much better. It is not perfect. It has a problem with a white screen/freeze problem. It does keep the page you left off but you have to clear the app from memory and it works fine.

I've also used Cool Reader and find it not bad but not as well designed as Mantano.
I wish Aldiko would clear up its' problems because it was my favorite reader app for a long time.
Oh thank God, I thought I was doing something wrong when I ended up with four copies of every book on my machine! I ended up uninstalling Aldiko & removing all my books and starting from scratch. For right now everything is fine.

I decided to just keep my books on the Galaxy and store all of my music on the card. That way I can use bookmarks. However, if I get duplicate books again I will be going to another reader all together.

Thanks Kai, you've been a lot of help!
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2012, 10:55 PM   #18
Kai Winters
Lover of Books
Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+
Glad I was able to help.
My home town is Fall River...haven't lived there if a few years but mom and some other family still do.
My daughter lives in Quincy...great little city...
Kai Winters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:34 AM   #19
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I like living in Quincy, although in the next few years it's going to go through major construction and renovation to bring it back to life.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:18 AM   #20
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I was interested in it at one time because of its size. The screen and especially the price made me steer clear.

I do not think there is many if any alternatives for its size BUT the SGT 2 7 inch was $199 at BB last week so why still not a more reasonable price?
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2012, 12:21 PM   #21
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
I was interested in it at one time because of its size. The screen and especially the price made me steer clear.

I do not think there is many if any alternatives for its size BUT the SGT 2 7 inch was $199 at BB last week so why still not a more reasonable price?
Although I already have way too many touch devices, I've had my eye on the SGP 5 for the last 6 months. The local Best Buy has run sales on them every alternating week during that time. (quite strange) They've got it for $199 this week.

The device is 1.5 years old. And it has dropped in price. Love my SGT 2 7.0 but I'm intrigued by the 5" form factor. I think that I need to avoid all of those hands-on video reviews on YouTube. They weaken my willpower.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:30 PM   #22
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
The device is 1.5 years old. And it has dropped in price. Love my SGT 2 7.0 but I'm intrigued by the 5" form factor. I think that I need to avoid all of those hands-on video reviews on YouTube. They weaken my willpower.
I'd love to have a 5" version of a 32GB Nexus 7 with the same specs and pricing.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:27 PM   #23
cfrizz
Wizard

Tell me something, are ALL 32gb SD cards so sensitive? I have had to reformat mine 3 times since I got the stupid thing. All that is on it is my music, but everytime I turn around the player is telling me that the sd card is damaged and needs to be reformatted!
Old 11-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #24
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
Tell me something, are ALL 32gb SD cards so sensitive? I have had to reformat mine 3 times since I got the stupid thing. All that is on it is my music, but everytime I turn around the player is telling me that the sd card is damaged and needs to be reformatted!
No. Never have had to reformat any SD card.
Did have to reformat a DVD Ram disk about 2 days ago. First time for that.
I have a 32GB Flash Drive that works fine until I put it on my DVR and then it messes up. Might try reformatting it?
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:10 AM   #25
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
I once had to reformat a xD Olympus camera card.

Is there a mount/dismount procedure on your device?
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:03 AM   #26
cfrizz
Wizard

Yes and I always use it before I unplug it from my pc.