Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-11-2010, 12:41 PM   #1
H4ch1k0
H4ch1k0 began at the beginning.

Device: none for now
I want a Kobo! ;_;

Hi there,
I'm italian, I live in Italy and...I want a Kobo ;_;.
I wasted a lot of time searching for an ebook reader that would suit my taste: nice looking, 6", epub support, nice for pictures too (it doesn't matter if i have to convert them into an epub or a pdf) and with a good price. I love the interface too, that displays the cover of the book, like on a shelf.
I'm not interested in a dictionary, an mp3 player and the possibility to take notes, i just want to read my books, bringing my library always with me, and I think that the kobo is the best(and cheapest)choice among all of the readers.
So, i went on the Indigo site, with my credit card in the hand, and...i can't buy it, they do not send it to international customer. They do not like my money, maybe I smell bad.
Well, no problem, i tought, I'll preorder it on Borders.com. I can't buy it here too. They just cancel my order, three times in a row, not giving an explanation but probably for the same reason of Indigo. I smell bad.

So, why this "not that long" wall of text? Because I thought that maybe on this forum, there's a canadian angel that would go to the trouble of sending me one. Obviously I'll pay for it, shipping included.
Not that I really hope someone will do it, I mean, i can't think of an italian doing that, we're a bunch of lazy bastards, but at least I can share some of my pain with you, I'm always unlucky when it comes to things I wanna buy
H4ch1k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:00 PM   #2
anidel
Zealot
anidel doesn't litteranidel doesn't litter

Device: Kobo,Nokia N900
Hai un PM / You've got a PM.
anidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2010, 01:51 PM   #3
H4ch1k0

Dovresti averne ricevuto uno anche tu \ You should have received one too
Old 05-11-2010, 05:37 PM   #4
georges0701
georges0701 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo ereader
Hello,
I'm very suprised to read that you have some problem to order a kobo online because i'm french i've ordered and received my kobo in France last week from indigo chapters.
Cordially,

Georges
georges0701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:05 AM   #5
alexul
Connoisseur
alexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura about

Device: PB 360, Kobo Touch
@georges: which site did you order from. at indigo chapters.ca if you select other country they tell me they don't ship internationally. I live in Romania and even with the duties the ereader would come cheaper than the local alternatives. I wish so much they would release it worldwide.
alexul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2010, 02:39 PM   #6
Jpellarin
Jpellarin began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Where in Italy do you live?

I will be there in August and could bring one over.
Jpellarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:16 PM   #7
H4ch1k0

I live in Milan. I'll thank you for your help, but maybe I found a solution. The user anidel it's an italian, like me, living in Canada for work, and it's sending me one :P. Hopefully, if everythings goes well, i'll have my little kobo.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:38 PM   #8
anidel
Zealot
anidel doesn't litteranidel doesn't litter

Device: Kobo,Nokia N900
It all depends on the Post here and in Italy
anidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:14 PM   #9
thijsvk
thijsvk began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-T1
Usefull for other international enthusiast with this kind of problem:
a forum member of a site here in Holland ordered 3 and he was kind enough to order me one as well. He had the same problem, being able to order, but then get a cancellation.
It turns out it has something to do with the verification of your credit card.
He worked around this with http://www.usunlocked.com/index.php.
Basically you get a US billing adress, and you just pay with ur normal credit card.
We ordered from Border and are now awaiting delivery (aaarrghhh, at least a month to go)
thijsvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:55 AM   #10
thijsvk
thijsvk began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-T1
yeah, previous idea didn't work after all, we then decided to buy 3 of a guy on eBay. Only now his ad has been removed, and we're unable to contact him so far (good thing we used PayPal, at least we should get our money back, should it come to that).
This does leave us with the problem that we're still unable to get a Kobo.
Anyone willing to ship a few over, we pay for the readers, and H&S of course.
Maybe someone from the Kobo staff could help us out?

Last edited by thijsvk; 06-10-2010 at 10:58 AM.
thijsvk is offline   Reply With Quote