Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-02-2009, 04:37 AM   #1
bavardage
Enthusiast
bavardage began at the beginning.

Device: none
Registering for Sony Bookstore when outside the US

Has anyone successfully done this (i.e. setting region to US in sony software)?

Does this still allow you to purchase books from UK sellers like Waterstones/Smith's?
bavardage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:36 AM   #2
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Yes to both of them, you got PM coming for the first one.
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2009, 06:02 AM   #3
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I've had no problems doing so from Japan.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:41 AM   #4
bavardage
Enthusiast
bavardage began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks everyone, I'll have a go.
bavardage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:29 AM   #5
SchalaZeal
SchalaZeal has a spectacular aura aboutSchalaZeal has a spectacular aura aboutSchalaZeal has a spectacular aura aboutSchalaZeal has a spectacular aura aboutSchalaZeal has a spectacular aura aboutSchalaZeal has a spectacular aura aboutSchalaZeal has a spectacular aura aboutSchalaZeal has a spectacular aura aboutSchalaZeal has a spectacular aura aboutSchalaZeal has a spectacular aura aboutSchalaZeal has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
I presume that to do so, you'll have to have US debit/credit card info registered? That is to say, have a US-based card with a US billing addy? Places like Waterstones don't seem to care where one's card info comes from. But many US media services (iTunes, Amazon) aren't so open on the matter.
SchalaZeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2009, 07:01 AM   #6
rvdparis
Connoisseur
rvdparis doesn't litterrvdparis doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Touch + iPad 1 + iPhone 4
I'm in the same boat. I have a French card (no US card, been here for a very long time), and I have the same problem with Amazon and iTunes...though there are creative ways around that. Anyway, I will try with my French card on through the Sony store and see what happens...
rvdparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:27 AM   #7
Nvidiot
Connoisseur
Nvidiot began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
You don't actually need a creditcard with a US-based billing address. I filled in my Dutch address as best I could, then selected Country & State as USA, NY and google'd for a postal code in NY. This works perfectly
Nvidiot is offline   Reply With Quote