Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-07-2009, 12:10 PM   #1
denmarks
Enthusiast
denmarks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Difference between My Books and My Digital Editions

I have used the Sony eBook Store and Google free ebooks through the eBook store. I have downloaded one free book from the eBook Store and many free classics from Google. They are all in My Books. I am still not sure where My Digital Editions came from. Can someone explain how Adobe ties into Sony. Is it that some books are different formats and some go to My Books and some to My Digital Editions. Did signing up with Sony create both folders? Is the Adobe software part of the Sony software.

Last edited by denmarks; 10-07-2009 at 12:17 PM.
denmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:17 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
My Digital Editions is for Adobe Digital Editions and is created by that program. I suppose it's possible, since Sony works with ADE books, that the new Sony software may create it as well.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2009, 10:54 AM   #3
mwheinz
award-winning bozo
mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
What I can't figure out is where eBook Library is stashing books at all - when I look in "My eBooks" there are only two books; but eBook Library lists 9.
mwheinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:00 AM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheinz View Post
What I can't figure out is where eBook Library is stashing books at all - when I look in "My eBooks" there are only two books; but eBook Library lists 9.
The default is Documents-->My Books-->eBook Library

My eBooks is used by Mobipocket (not sure if anything else might use it).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote