Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-26-2012, 05:13 PM   #1
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Did you ever...

... chat up people looking at ereaders in a shop? I did. I just can't stop myself from yapping if I see someone clearly interested and clearly without a clue. Of course I got some looks. But also some thanks. I just go to fiddle with some new ereaders to see what they are like, then there's someone standing by asking questions to a clueless staff and there I go.

My name is Chi and I'm addicted to ereaders

In today's episode: Kobo Glo.
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:56 PM   #2
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
There's this person the other day in a store, she was inquiring about e-readers and checking out the Sony T2. I couldn't help but talk to her and explain to her why the T2 was not a good purchase. I told her about the Glo because it is the only next gen reader available here. The Sony being outdated and the Paper white not being available here. She seemed interested in my explanation and after that I walked away. Hope she got what she wanted
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2012, 07:08 PM   #3
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Every now and again, yes. I'd say for every person I've gone and verbally assaulted with my "OOOOH WHATCHA READIN' ON?" line of questioning, I've been given the same treatment 2-3 times. So, as common as I've seen eReaders be...they're still quite the curiosity.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:39 PM   #4
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Yep, I remember being at Best Buy sometime around the Christmas holidays, seeing a man looking over the Sony display. Would have been maybe 505 or 600 - it wasn't in the last couple of years.

He had picked up a Sony and was looking skeptically at the expensive separate charger. I couldn't help myself - I went over and whispered that the PSP chargers, even the generic ones, worked just as well and cost much less. He went on his way, searching out the PSP section!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote