Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-26-2010, 01:58 PM   #1
spartanhockey
spartanhockey began at the beginning.

Device: Nook 3G
Spent a few hours researching cases, wanted to share my thoughts.

Ive probably spent 4 hours in total online and in B&N just touching them and reading forums.

I've found a lot of people recommend the industreal cover. When I saw it in person it couldnt look more boring. The black looked very washed out and no kind of design or texture. The favorite one I saw was the Dillane Plaid. The black looked more solid and sharp, the design looked cooler with the plaid, and the leather had a much nicer feel to it. almost all of the leathers I felt were too soft and smooth for my taste. The Plaid has a little texture too it and just happens to look and feel masculine as well. My main concern was that it doesnt have any locking mechanism. Could be a problem if I want to just toss it in my backpack.

My other focus was on the Madison TriFold. It looks and feels just ok. Doesnt have a leathery feel though. Kind of rough and scratchy. And its a little annoying to have to clip and un clip all of those buttons.

I didnt get to see the M-Edge or other non BN. Im really interested in the oberon too but it's $79 shipped. For now my choice is the Dillane Plaid. Can anyone convince me otherwise?
spartanhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 02:04 PM   #2
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
I have 3 Oberon covers for my Nooks and they are more than worth it. They are much more substantial than the B&N fare and include a cord to hold it closed. They are also a remarkable company to deal with and are true craftsmen with pride in their work. They bend over backwards to accommodate the customer. I was so amazed at the efforts, communications, and finished products that I sent them a couple dozen cookies.

When was the last time a business made you feel like that?
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2010, 02:05 PM   #3
barrist
Enthusiast
barrist began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Industriell works for me. Doesn't have those straps that all the others have. Snug and secure, all i need.
barrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 02:09 PM   #4
barrist
Enthusiast
barrist began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas0039 View Post
I have 3 Oberon covers for my Nooks and they are more than worth it. They are much more substantial than the B&N fare and include a cord to hold it closed. They are also a remarkable company to deal with and are true craftsmen with pride in their work. They bend over backwards to accommodate the customer. I was so amazed at the efforts, communications, and finished products that I sent them a couple dozen cookies.

I'd gladly go without the service if they shaved some dollars off the price.. too much for a case imo.
barrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 02:33 PM   #5
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6

Reminds me of the commercials for auto insurance. Pay more for the same amount of coverage just to have access to an agent "down the street" in the unlikely event I need to file a claim. Yeah, o.k..
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2010, 02:35 PM   #6
emt
Nameless Being

Did any cases...

Have a cutout for the rear speaker? Due to a poor BN design, cases I have seen block the opening - I'm waiting for a case with a cutout.
Old 11-26-2010, 02:54 PM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt View Post
Have a cutout for the rear speaker? Due to a poor BN design, cases I have seen block the opening - I'm waiting for a case with a cutout.
Instant "speaker" kit

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 05:44 PM   #8
delaplane
delaplane began at the beginning.

Device: nook hd+, nook, touchpad, transformer, note
I have a silicone/rubber skin that I got from Amazon for $6 or $8 and then I carry/store the nook in an M-Edge zip-up travel case. I take it out of the case to read. I found every case I looked at to be very much over-priced.
delaplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:28 PM   #9
AndyfromVA
Zealot
AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook 1E, K3, K4, Paperwhite 2
I've got the Dillane Plaid and I couldn't be happier with it. It's attractive and very tough. I've dropped my Nook a few times and the case kept it nice and cushioned.
AndyfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 10:28 PM   #10
cynthia399
cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Astak Mentor
I have a javoedge case and I really like it. Light weight and it completely covers the edges of the nook except for the page turn buttons. It cost $11.98 on amazon.
cynthia399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:18 AM   #11
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
I went with BundleMonster on eBay, got a case, screen protector and skin for $20 after shipping, the case folds back, and snaps to itself, and it's a hard/fake leather case...works very well!!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 02:19 AM   #12
coolbreeze
Addict
coolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with others

Device: Nook Color, White 3G K3
Whatever you do, buy from eBay's barnesandnoble site. I got a new envelope case for $9.99 shipped that is selling for $49.99 on bn.com.
coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 04:21 AM   #13
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
M-Edge Executive leather case here, along with their (to me a bit over-priced) e-Luminator 2 booklight. It provides excellent protection for the device, the light stores away very nicely, and the craftsmanship is superb. Although it adds bulk to the device, it's still comfortable to hold one-handed.
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:45 AM   #14
spec
Zealot
spec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas0039 View Post

I also have oberon on my nook and I like it. One think I didnt think of before purchasing oberon was the weight. I think it might be one of the heavier covers.
spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:21 AM   #15
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
I bought the Leather Writer's cover for my Nookcolor and I love it. It doesn't have holes for the speaker, but it is cut out a bit and I can hear the speaker just fine while using the case.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote