Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-14-2010, 02:57 AM   #1
joe_80
joe_80 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
Unhappy E-ink starts to fade

I bought this Sony PRS 505 about 2 years ago, and last year I couldn't really use it because the screen was blurry, I still don't know what happened to it,

I abandoned it for a year, because it wasn't easy to read anything..

And then, today I charged the battery, and tried to use it, but the screen now is really really blurry... what happen???

Is there any way I could fix this?

PS: I am so bummed, considering that I'm outside of US and I bought it 2 years ago with so much difficulties...
joe_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:04 AM   #2
joe_80
joe_80 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
I just read the other thread about the sun fade issues, and No.. right now I'm in my room and it's still blurry...

Anyone can help?
joe_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2010, 12:01 PM   #3
dorino
I'm odd. Take note.
dorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-books

Device: deceased PRS-600, Nook STR
A picture might help, if you could?
dorino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:31 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Hard to say, it's possible there's something wrong with the screen controller.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:39 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
If you have a toddler it might be the peanut butter on the screen that is causing it to be blurry.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert