Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 04-13-2010, 10:02 AM   #1
MaMiller
Author
MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Talking Book Trailers

To the best of my knowledge, there is no general "Book Trailers" thread on MR?

I love trailers. It's that happy time of anticipation before the movie(book!) when you're sitting there with popcorn and butter running down your chin!

VICTORY COVE

ROGUE WAVE

MaMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:39 AM   #2
J. Dean
Author: Clade Josso
J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I need to learn how to whip up one of these...
J. Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2010, 09:54 PM   #3
MichaelFStewart
Where tech and story meet
MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
They're tricky J.Dean - really only worth doing if they're going to be done well. IMO. And I don't mean yours are not MaMiller - I haven't watched them as of yet. I just know that I tried and struggled to make them look professional.

MFS

Last edited by MichaelFStewart; 04-13-2010 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Potential for misunderstanding!
MichaelFStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:18 PM   #4
LeeGoldberg
Connoisseur
LeeGoldberg rocks like Gibraltar!LeeGoldberg rocks like Gibraltar!LeeGoldberg rocks like Gibraltar!LeeGoldberg rocks like Gibraltar!LeeGoldberg rocks like Gibraltar!LeeGoldberg rocks like Gibraltar!LeeGoldberg rocks like Gibraltar!LeeGoldberg rocks like Gibraltar!LeeGoldberg rocks like Gibraltar!LeeGoldberg rocks like Gibraltar!LeeGoldberg rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelFStewart View Post
They're tricky J.Dean - really only worth doing if they're going to be done well. IMO. And I don't mean yours are not MaMiller - I haven't watched them as of yet. I just know that I tried and struggled to make them look professional.

MFS
I think a sloppy or amateur book trailer will do you more harm than good. Expanded Books makes very nice book trailers and, if you are a member of the MWA, you can get a significant discount.

Lee
LeeGoldberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 03:09 PM   #5
MargaretLake
Enthusiast
MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle
Hi, Maureen. This is my first day here, and I'm glad you started this thread. You know how I love book trailers.

Ariana's Pride

Catherine and the Captain

Last edited by MargaretLake; 04-16-2010 at 03:15 PM.
MargaretLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2010, 02:27 PM   #6
lmpreston
YA Author
lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's my latest Book Trailer for THE PACK

This is The Pack (Comes out in August and is getting great reviews)

This is Explorer X - Alpha (Got good reviews also - out now)

Last edited by lmpreston; 04-23-2010 at 02:30 PM.
lmpreston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:44 PM   #7
MaMiller
Author
MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wait...Margaret! How did I miss your first day here??? WELCOME, my friend! (errr...a few days...perhaps a week, late)

Impreston, looks good!
MaMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:41 AM   #8
lmpreston
YA Author
lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks so much MaMiller!

Oh, also check out blazingtrailers.com a great booktrailer resource for the trailer addicted like me!
lmpreston is offline   Reply With Quote