Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 10-21-2009, 08:59 PM   #16
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
eReader sells eBook Studio to create eReader books...

I suspect you're looking for a freebie though.
Dropbook is free, but you have to do the markup yourself. Fortunately, PML is fairly simple (and correspondingly, fairly limited); I make eReader books in Word mostly using find & replace to put in the PML tags, then save the result to a text file, and drag & drop into Dropbook.

I kept thinking I'd get eBook Studio ('cos a gui interface would be nice, and I made enough eReader books to want it)--and then I got an ebook reader that can't do PDB, and gave up on the idea.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:54 AM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
Dropbook is free, but you have to do the markup yourself. Fortunately, PML is fairly simple (and correspondingly, fairly limited); I make eReader books in Word mostly using find & replace to put in the PML tags, then save the result to a text file, and drag & drop into Dropbook.
As I said in an earlier post in this thread, you can use BD as an "editor" for Dropbook, to create eReader books.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2009, 06:55 PM   #18
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
I have been doing more experiments converting books to .pdb files using Calibre. When I use the Doc option to make the ebooks the author does not show up on the main B and N desktop app. When using the eReader option the author does show up. However when using the eReader option there is a lot of space between the paragraphs that I do not get with the doc option. There is also a third option called ztxt that will not open using the B and N software. It states that I need a newer version of the ereader software.
I've heard of this issue but I need a test case to track down what is going on. Can you email me john at nachtimwald.com or open a ticket and attach the input that is producing the extra spaced output?
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:59 AM   #19
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
As I said in an earlier post in this thread, you can use BD as an "editor" for Dropbook, to create eReader books.
BD is... terrifyingly complex, especially for something as simple as eReader format. (Also, is big and must be installed on a computer. Dropbook is a basic .exe file that'll run off a flash drive.)

I'm very impressed with BD, but I'm nothing like competent with it. PML took me less than an hour to pick up, and my reminder notes fit on one page.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote