Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-28-2008, 04:18 PM   #1
roa71@yahoo.com
roa71@yahoo.com began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
new m edge cover (w/ light)

anyone noticed the new cover being shown on Amazon? m edge is released a new cover with a built in light. looks similar to the current cover but includes a light called the e luminator.

i already have a good book light (the mighty bright flex2). however, the fact that it is not integrated into the case, it's never there when i need it.

includes different colors as well (blue, gray). plus an image jacket that you can put a photo into.

http://www.amazon.com/M-edge-Executi...224927&sr=1-17

rick..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	medge.gif
Views:	484
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	17396  
roa71@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:27 PM   #2
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
That may be handy, but what I want is a light-wedge style built-in light.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2008, 04:48 PM   #3
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Actually, I think you have to buy this light separately. It says "integrates with" xyz brand light. I don't think the light is included in the price.

Which also means one could put another light in there, as long as it happened to fit. I do like the looks of the cover itself.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:36 PM   #4
MonaLS
Groupie
MonaLS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (Gen 1), Kindle DX, Kindle Fire, LG Enact
It would be nice if the referenced book light was available on Amazon.
MonaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:47 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
It looks like the regular cover holding the light in the pencil holder loop.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2008, 03:49 PM   #6
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
In the photo with the light, there still is still a pencil loop, so I think the light isn't just held by the loop. I think they just expanded the "spine" area of the cove, by a quarter inch perhaps. And extended the cover-close tab as an all-the-way-around decoration. I like it and am tempted! I think mine isn't leather anyway, so perhaps I can persuade myself.

The older cover (the non-leather one??) is on close-out sale for $19.99. At least, the brown version is.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:52 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
As I sometimes not pay careful attention I would probably shut the thing with the light head still inside, and there goes my screen!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:18 PM   #8
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
At first glance, I am a little disappointed as the light looks a little awkward to use. The periscope light got some good press for their regular book covers but it looks like it doesn't support one-handed reading. I will wait and see what others have to say once these are out and perhaps wait for Lightwedge to come out with for a cover (supposedly in the works but still sounds far off).

A built in light was big on my wishlist and just when i had convinced myself it didn't matter, I had two incidents this week where I had time to kill and wanted to read but couldn't because of poor lighting
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:01 AM   #9
MonaLS
Groupie
MonaLS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (Gen 1), Kindle DX, Kindle Fire, LG Enact
The new M-edge light is listed on Amazon now, but not yet available.
M-edge Accessories e-Luminator Booklight for Amazon Kindle
MonaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 12:26 AM   #10
cjp
Zealot
cjp began at the beginning.

Device: HP Slate 500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3G+Wi-Fi, Droid
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Actually, I think you have to buy this light separately. It says "integrates with" xyz brand light. I don't think the light is included in the price.

Which also means one could put another light in there, as long as it happened to fit. I do like the looks of the cover itself.
Yes, the light is sold separately and I'm led to believe that this particular light is not yet on the market. (But Amazon has a photo of what it would be.)
These new snazzy covers come in an assortment of colors, some two-toned, and a choice of leather or not. According to Amazon, they will be ready to ship in 3-5 weeks (about November 24-26).
cjp is offline   Reply With Quote