Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-24-2008, 10:05 AM   #1
Mitchll
Cave Dweller
Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ipad Sony reader prs-505 prs-900
Mac OS X problem with new version of Calibre .58

Kovid,
I loaded new version released today and program opened and froze on my Mac OS X 10.5 when I hit the configuration icon (hammer):

global name 'icon' is not defined
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/main.py", line 930, in do_config
File "calibre/gui2/dialogs/config.pyo", line 18, in __init__
File "calibre/gui2/dialogs/config_ui.pyo", line 175, in setupUi
File "calibre/gui2/dialogs/config_ui.pyo", line 188, in retranslateUi
NameError: global name 'icon' is not defined
Mitchll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 11:21 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yeah, I'll release a fix for that later today.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2008, 11:27 AM   #3
scarter
scarter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Here's another one using .58 in Vista with a 505: I can't read any of the books in my device. It recognizes the device, but whenever I click on a book there, get the following error message:

argument 1 of QPixmap.fromImage() has an invalid type
Detailed traceback:
File "calibre\gui2\status.pyo", line 67, in show_data
TypeError: argument 1 of QPixmap.fromImage() has an invalid type

I went back to .53 and the problem went away.

Last edited by scarter; 05-24-2008 at 11:38 AM.
scarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 02:53 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Fix is released
Old 05-24-2008, 10:18 PM   #5
Mitchll
Cave Dweller
Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ipad Sony reader prs-505 prs-900
Works fine now. Thanks
Mitchll is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2008, 12:25 PM   #6
paolo
paolo began at the beginning.

Device: SONY
Converting a pdf file in OSX 10.4.11

Hello everybody!
I finally got my brand new Sony and look forward to using it!
I downloaded Calibre and tried to convert a pdf manual, but something went wrong.
I searched in this forum but couldn't find any hint.

Can anybody help me ?

This is the output:

('OSError', u'dlopen(/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Frameworks/libfontconfig.1.dylib, 6): Symbol not found: _FT_Select_Size\n Referenced from: /Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Frameworks/libfontconfig.1.dylib\n Expected in: /usr/local/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib\n'):
Failed to perform job: Convert book:Apress,.Beginning.J2ME.From.Novice.to.Profess ional.(2005),.3Ed.TLF.[1590594797]
Detailed traceback:
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.5/site-packages.zip/calibre/parallel.py", line 679, in worker
result = work(client_socket, func, args, kwdargs)
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.5/site-packages.zip/calibre/parallel.py", line 652, in work
res = func(*args, **kargs)
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.5/site-packages.zip/calibre/ebooks/lrf/any/convert_from.py", line 164, in main
return process_file(src, options, logger)
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.5/site-packages.zip/calibre/ebooks/lrf/any/convert_from.py", line 134, in process_file
convertor(path, options, logger)
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.5/site-packages.zip/calibre/ebooks/lrf/pdf/convert_from.py", line 82, in process_file
html_process_file(htmlfile, options, logger)
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.5/site-packages.zip/calibre/ebooks/lrf/html/convert_from.py", line 1875, in process_file
book, fonts = Book(options, logger, header=header, **args)
File "calibre/ebooks/lrf/__init__.pyo", line 269, in Book
File "calibre/ebooks/lrf/__init__.pyo", line 223, in find_custom_fonts
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.5/site-packages.zip/calibre/utils/fontconfig.py", line 99, in
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.5/site-packages.zip/calibre/utils/fontconfig.py", line 42, in load_library
File "ctypes/__init__.pyo", line 423, in LoadLibrary
File "ctypes/__init__.pyo", line 340, in __init__
OSError: dlopen(/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Frameworks/libfontconfig.1.dylib, 6): Symbol not found: _FT_Select_Size
Referenced from: /Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Frameworks/libfontconfig.1.dylib
Expected in: /usr/local/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib

Log:
''

Thank you advancely

paolo
paolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:36 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

What version of OSX are you on?
Old 07-06-2008, 05:02 AM   #8
paolo

Hi Kovid,

I'm on OS X 10.4.11.
I'm eager to use your app. I saw it running on a pc of a friend of mine, who is so happy about it.
I'm out of luck these days... I'm getting error on Ubuntu 7.10, during installation..
sigh...so many books are waiting for me...

thank you

paolo
Old 07-06-2008, 11:35 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

What does running the following command in Terminal give uou
Code:
locate libfreetype.6.dylib
And what version of calibre are you using?
Old 07-06-2008, 01:42 PM   #10
paolo

Hi Kovi,

here's the msg:
ibook-g4-di-paolo-i:~ paolo$ locate libfreetype.6.dylib
/opt/local/var/db/dports/build/_opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwi nports.org_dpupdate_dports_x11_XFree86/work/destroot/usr/X11R6/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib
/opt/local/var/db/dports/build/_opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwi nports.org_dpupdate_dports_x11_XFree86/work/xc/exports/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib
/opt/local/var/db/dports/build/_opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwi nports.org_dpupdate_dports_x11_XFree86/work/xc/lib/freetype2/libfreetype.6.dylib
/opt/local/var/db/dports/software/XFree86/4.5.0_2/usr/X11R6/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib
/usr/local/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib

I downloaded Calibre 0.4.76

Many thks
ciao
Old 07-06-2008, 02:37 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Hmm try deleting /usr/local/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib

(some other software may need it, so move it elesewhere rather than deleting it)
Old 07-06-2008, 03:49 PM   #12
paolo

Kovi,

it works! I did what you suggested (moved libfreetype.6.dylib from /usr/local/lib/)
and works like a charm!

I'm also upgrading from Ubuntu 7.10 to newest version and try Calibre on it!

Thank u so much! I will enjoy yr app!

ciao

paolo