Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-06-2012, 12:19 AM   #1
Jimbo724
Connoisseur
Jimbo724 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
False Error Message with EPUB Import

I have the latest DeDRM plugins from Alf's site. Whenever I drop an EPUB file into Calibre, even an EPUB with no DRM, I get an error message stating "Plugin not configured! Decryption unsuccessful." The error message goes on to say that this may be the first time I have used the plugin, and that I should go into Preferences to configure it. As I said, this happens with every EPUB import, even when the file does not have any DRM. It does not happen with MOBI files.

This started when I recently updated the plugins to the latest version.

Should I just uninstall the EPUB plugin?

Last edited by Jimbo724; 12-06-2012 at 12:21 AM.
Jimbo724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:57 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Time to go back to where the plugins came from and ask there.... Sorry; no discussion of those tools is tolerated here.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2012, 03:20 AM   #3
Jimbo724
Connoisseur
Jimbo724 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I thought it was more a question of Calibre misreporting an error when there was no error, but, okay, I'll look elsewhere.
Jimbo724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:06 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo724 View Post
I thought it was more a question of Calibre misreporting an error when there was no error, but, okay, I'll look elsewhere.
the PI is reporting to Calibre
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:45 AM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
The error message goes on to say that this may be the first time I have used the plugin, and that I should go into Preferences to configure it.
What happens when you actually heed that advice?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert