Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-25-2012, 01:38 PM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Nexus 7 3G pops up on FCC website

Nexus 7 3G pops up on FCC website

Quote:
The FCC is typically pretty good at confirming new devices before they’re officially revealed, and today it’s doing just that. A listing for the 3G Nexus 7 has popped up on the FCC’s website (as uncovered by The Digital Reader), which essentially confirms that it will be one of the devices Google announces during its Android event next Monday. In other words, get ready, because there should be a heaping helping of new Android devices revealed at the event.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:13 PM   #2
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Another tasty rumour:

http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile...exus-7-1106089
Quote:
Apparently the video also confirmed a 10-inch tablet, which is supposedly made by Samsung and codenamed Mantra, but it expected to launch under the moniker Google Nexus 10.

The Mantra tablet runs Android 4.2 and packs a 16:10 screen with a 2560 x 1600 resolution and 300ppi pixel density – which would be better than the 264ppi offering on the new iPad.
If it sells for a comparably low price as the Nexus 7, that could be a real iPad competitor.

Edit: Also mentioned here: http://gizmodo.com/5953546/report-32...g-google-event
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2012, 02:15 PM   #3
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
Now I have a dilemma I was going to pounce on the 32gb model when it appeared but 3G is a little bit tempting as my phone sim should work.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:38 PM   #4
hrosvit
Moron
hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, Galaxy Note 2, Nook ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
Now I have a dilemma I was going to pounce on the 32gb model when it appeared but 3G is a little bit tempting as my phone sim should work.
Agreed; especially if I can just add it to my shared data family plan for $10/month. Will depend on how much extra the 3G version is.
hrosvit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:07 PM   #5
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
Wow. If the price is indeed low enough, we'll see the sparks fly (and probably some litigation papers, too).
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #6
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
*sigh* Wish it came with LTE instead. AT&T's 3G is now horribly congested in my area (used to get 3Mbps down/1Mbps up, now only getting 1Mbps down/200Kbps up and 200+ms ping times).
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #7
pl001
Evangelist
pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Color, EVO3D, Surface RT, Galaxy S5, Surface 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
*sigh* Wish it came with LTE instead. AT&T's 3G is now horribly congested in my area (used to get 3Mbps down/1Mbps up, now only getting 1Mbps down/200Kbps up and 200+ms ping times).
Be thankful you don't have Sprint...on a good day I may get 100k, but usually it's dial-up speeds. Unlimited data plan = sneaky marketing trick.

My guess is LTE would drive the price up too high. The Nexus makes its living as a budget device, so I'm not surprised.
pl001 is offline   Reply With Quote