Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-04-2012, 09:15 AM   #16
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkw View Post
By chance when you confirmed the headset mic works when connected to the KFHD did you take some step to ensure it was the headset mic not the on-bord mic of the KFHD picking up the voice? Maybe tape over the mic hole or put the KFHD under a pillow or something?

The headset mic does not function when connected to my TF300 tablet, the tablet's mic does the recording. And yeah, we've confirmed it is likely Asus' BT implementation. Just wanted to clarify with ya...
No, I did not. It didn't occur to me that the mic on the Fire would still be open. I'll give it another try this weekend. Thanks for the suggestion!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:27 AM   #17
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Well I took a shot with these because of price and good reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-BTH220-...oth+headphones

There wasn't any mention of compatability with the kfhd but folks noted it worked with the Nexus 7 so I'd least I'd be able to use it with the latter.

Well they work after trying yesterday with the kfhd. I'd say a pretty good deal given the cost. Range is about 30 feet, they are comfortable and not bulky!
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:39 PM   #18
jsh1120
Connoisseur
jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Fire
I'm curious about the battery drain triggered by the use of bluetooth headphones compared to a wired pair. Anyone have a reading on that?
jsh1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:15 AM   #19
eLDiaNo
eLDiaNo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
I tried it with my cellphone headset and it works fine; music, text to speech, and the internet/videos. So far so good. Bluetooth even works in my wife's car so to speak with the same as before.
eLDiaNo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:03 PM   #20
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsh1120 View Post
I'm curious about the battery drain triggered by the use of bluetooth headphones compared to a wired pair. Anyone have a reading on that?
Not a scientific test, but something:

Kindle Fire HD battery was at 15% this morning. I've done nothing with it except listen to music over BT headphones for about 5 hours. My battery is at 6% now.

The screen has only been on for a minute or two over the 5 hours. The wifi is on but no connection and the music is coming from the Kindle hard drive, not the cloud.

My battery monitor is telling me that BT and Wifi Active have both used the most power at 10.8% each.

EDIT: so I guess my battery would look better if I turned off my wifi when i have no connection.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:24 AM   #21
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Practical BT considerations

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
Well I took a shot with these because of price and good reviews:
http://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-BTH220-...oth+headphones
I am considering buying the Fire HD 7", and these look like good, inexpensive wireless headphones. I've never used a BT device before. Do I need to purchase anything else to get it to work with the Fire HD? How does the Fire HD recognize the headphones? One last, probably REALLY dumb, question: the recharge cable for the headphones is USB-based - so I'd need a PC to recharge? (or USB-to-A/C adapter)?

I think that I'm starting to feel my age creep up

Please PM me with the answers if it is too basic (or off-topic) for this thread.
Thanks so much!
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:01 AM   #22
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
These come with specific instructions to pair the earbuds with the kfhd. Nothing else is necessary, bluetooth on the kfhd will recognize an attempted connection to the earbuds.

I use my PC to charge the earbuds. Maybe there is other resources to utilize beyond that. One can go to a library and charge them there if there isn't an available PC.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #23
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgeorg View Post
I am considering buying the Fire HD 7", and these look like good, inexpensive wireless headphones. I've never used a BT device before. Do I need to purchase anything else to get it to work with the Fire HD? How does the Fire HD recognize the headphones? One last, probably REALLY dumb, question: the recharge cable for the headphones is USB-based - so I'd need a PC to recharge? (or USB-to-A/C adapter)?

Please PM me with the answers if it is too basic (or off-topic) for this thread.
Thanks so much!
Just going by the list of e-readers you have any of the usb chargers that you may already have will probably work with those headphones.

Most all usb chargers are fairly standardized as far as form factor and almost universal. The output voltage will be nearly the same, 5 volts, the only difference would be the current output.

So if you have a charger for the kindle, that charger probably will work with the headphones, with no fuss or muss. As long as the headphone charging port is a standard (small) usb port.

Edit: If you buy the KFHD you will also need the charger for it, and that charger could probably charge the headset.

Contact the seller and ask.

Last edited by DustyDisks; 10-14-2012 at 11:39 AM.
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:41 AM   #24
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgeorg View Post

Thanks so much!
People of all levels of "tech-iness" or experience or age are welcome here - or in any thread. MobileRead members will answer (or try to answer) questions at all levels - basic or advanced.

If your question has already been answered in another thread, you will probably be given a link to that thread. This forum is overflowing in information - sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming - so go ahead and ask away!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:42 AM   #25
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
People of all levels of "tech-iness" or experience or age are welcome here - or in any thread. MobileRead members will answer (or try to answer) questions at all levels - basic or advanced.

If your question has already been answered in another thread, you will probably be given a link to that thread. This forum is overflowing in information - sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming - so go ahead and ask away!
In most cases, the only stupid questions are the ones never asked.

DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:45 PM   #26
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Thanks for all the information, I appreciate it! I'll probably just charge from a PC.
Actually, I just realized that the Fire HD "PowerFast" wall charger -that I am also going to purchase - is 5v output, so this would probably work.

It's like a crash course in android, apps, bluetooth, and tablet technologies. Good thing I like learning - thanks again!

Last edited by rgeorg; 10-14-2012 at 02:11 PM.
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #27
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
The Samsung HS3000 paired up easily with the Fire HD. One of the nice features is that you can control all the major music functions like Pause, Play, Volume etc. from the Samsung controller. Very reasonably priced on Amazon and sounds pretty good too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o01_s00_i00

Last edited by obsessed2; 10-26-2012 at 01:23 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote