Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: When and where should we meet up
Sat June 13th, 11am at Koko Black at 52 Collins St in the CBD 13 86.67%
Sun June 14th at 11am at Koko Black in Doncaster Westfield Shopping Town 5 33.33%
Neither of these work, Can we reschedule? 3 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-05-2009, 09:54 PM   #16
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
could we keep the baboons away from Marc and myself?
Is this some kind of impossible zen koan-type question?

Cheers,
Marc ([Currently fashioning disks of concrete...] <---linky)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 07:29 PM   #17
patriciagrace
patriciagrace began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Can I add my name to the list please - am I supposed to do so somewhere else on this blog - I am a new subscriber as of yesterday - Patriciagrace
patriciagrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2009, 08:00 PM   #18
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Hi patriciagrace, you're added and I look forward to meeting you at Koko Black!

I hope the weather is like yesterday's for our meeting - it was a perfect Melbourne day.
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:43 AM   #19
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
I have the weather forecast for 8 cities on my phone. For the last 2 weeks Melbourne has been nicer than Sydney. Bet I bring our weather with me. BEG

Train ticket is in my handbag. I think my hotel is booked. I decided to go for 5*. I need a little spoiling.
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:22 AM   #20
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Could you reschedule? Not sure if I'll be able to catch a plane by then...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2009, 09:37 AM   #21
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My husband has just informed me that when I come home I have to stay home for a week. Apparently the government is asking people who go to Melbourne not to mix with others but go into voluntary quarantine when they come back.
I have a room booked at the Stamford Plaza. Looking forward to it.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:44 AM   #22
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Unfortunately, I'm going to miss this. I think I'll be there in July but even that is still uncertain.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:49 AM   #23
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Sweetpea and vivaldirules, hopefully you'll make it to our next MR meetup!

Laine, the Stamford is wonderful! I went to a conference there a few months ago and would have loved to stay overnight.

I think a week in quarantine at home would be great - as long as I wasn't sick!

I'm looking forward to the meetup very much. We may have as many as 15 people there
Old 06-05-2009, 07:23 PM   #24
cbell
Frenetic

Oh, someone has chosen "Neither of these work, Can we reschedule?".

I expect we'll have another meetup before long, so hopefully you can join us then.

I'm sending a PM to all those who've shown interest in attending - if I miss anyone, please let me know.

Of course, everyone's very welcome to attend!
Old 06-05-2009, 09:13 PM   #25
sianon
Addict
sianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 500, Bebook, Kindle, Eco reader Drs and soon the Archos 9
Yep, I will be there, looking forward to it.
sianon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:23 AM   #26
millydog
Connoisseur
millydog doesn't littermillydog doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPhone X, iPad Pro
I'm coming too. I know that cbell will bring an iLiad V2, but that's all I have so I'll bring mine too. I guess I'll look for the people holding their ereaders.
Is anyone bringing a Kindle? I'd really love to see that. I'd also like to see Sony 505 and 700.
Jodi
millydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:55 AM   #27
nigeldb
email tragic
nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad, Cybook, iPhone
C U there
nigeldb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 05:26 AM   #28
Laine
Addict

Got the train last night from Sydney and am here in my beautiful room at the Stamford Plaza. So I'll definately be there.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:51 AM   #29
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laine View Post
Got the train last night from Sydney and am here in my beautiful room at the Stamford Plaza. So I'll definately be there.
excitement is building...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:39 PM   #30
cbell
Frenetic

I've confirmed our booking today and we're all set to go! I've booked 15 people for 11am, Koko Black 52 Collins St Melbourne. Look for the Mobileread sign when you arrive. I wonder how many people will attend?

Hopefully, Laine can connect her Vaio to a hotspot and we'll do a live feed back to MR.

I'm bringing a Cybook. See you all there!