Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 12-15-2008, 12:07 AM   #1
wataru_th
wataru_th began at the beginning.

Device: sony psp
Great way to use your Psp as ebook reader

First sorry for my poor English But I have tried my best.
Would Anyone who already has your own psp like to try to use your PsP as an ebook reader this way.I tried hard to search on the web how to use a PsP as an ebook reader.I used to try bookr but it didn't work well.So I found a homebrew for psp called PsPkvm which allow your PsP to run Java application.And I found java ebooks for mobilephones.Then I installed PsPkvm on my psp and run java ebooks.It worked quite well.I could turn the books by page,could change the font characters which can be comfortable for my eyes, could bookmark the page,moreover could create my own java book for my psp.Now I am enjoying with my Psp as an ebook reader very much.
Here the link for pspkvmhttp://www.pspkvm.com-a.googlepages.com/
And here is the link for jar ebookshttp://www.booksinmyphone.com finally some pictures[IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
wataru_th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:49 AM   #2
Labib Rahman
Enthusiast
Labib Rahman will become famous soon enoughLabib Rahman will become famous soon enoughLabib Rahman will become famous soon enoughLabib Rahman will become famous soon enoughLabib Rahman will become famous soon enoughLabib Rahman will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PSP and an age old Dell Inspiron 1150
Is it legal to hack a psp and install custom firmware?

Last edited by Labib Rahman; 09-06-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Labib Rahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2009, 02:25 AM   #3
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Hacking a PSP isn't illegal. Sharing copyrighted material is.

It's also legal to break your PSP, or throw it through a window, or drop it in a puddle.

If you hack your PSP to put illegally copied games, you've got a problem (and not something you'd find help with here) or illegally copied books, etc.

But there are plenty of legitimate reasons to hack a PSP. An ebook reader is one (assuming you were reading legal ebooks.)
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:59 AM   #4
Labib Rahman
Enthusiast
Labib Rahman will become famous soon enoughLabib Rahman will become famous soon enoughLabib Rahman will become famous soon enoughLabib Rahman will become famous soon enoughLabib Rahman will become famous soon enoughLabib Rahman will become famous soon enough

Really, I didn't know that. Okay, then I'll try to get it hacked to install Bookr. Bookr has a really good interface.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:23 AM   #5
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Perhaps it isn't in Bangladesh, but in most places (like the US) it isn't illegal. It'd be a tricky bit of legal maneuvering to do so.
Advert
Old 05-29-2009, 01:55 AM   #6
Labib Rahman
Enthusiast

In Bangladesh, there are practically no copyright laws, and I mean nothing. The largest bookstores sell pirated books, the largest movie store sell pirated movies, and noone can do anything about it because the copyright law is 40 years old and doesn't cover anything.

A new law was supposed to be passed but it's stuck in parliament.

One more question, does hacking the PSP void the warranty? My warranty ran out a long time ago, but my younger just got his own PSP, so I was wondering whether it would involve warranty violation.

Thanks.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:48 AM   #7
Gideon
Wearer of Pants

Yes, voids the warranty in most cases. In some cases, though, there's no way they'd known you did it.

I like the Pandora Battery method... a little tricky, but works well.