Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 10-03-2008, 06:44 PM   #1
PaulP
PaulP began at the beginning.

Device: lbook
lbook software update

I have an issue with my lbook, and hope someone out there can help...

When I bought it, the software was version 1.26. I immediately upgraded to 1.27 without any problems.

Now, of course, I want to update to the latest. However, when I do so (using power on and v+), it beeps a couple of times and then seems to freeze with the text

VERSION: 1. 0. 5 2008-03-21

Checking Update Data Please Wait

I have waited for over an hour before giving up and resetting the unit.

I have tried multiple SD cards (including the 1gb card I use with books on that it reads ok), and both with and without the battery.

I have formatted cards with the Panasonic SD card formatter.

Anyone any ideas?

PS th character spacing on the above message is as bad as I get reading lit files - anyone know whats wrong with the font?

Thanks
PaulP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:17 AM   #2
sankar10
sankar10 began at the beginning.

Device: HANLIN V3
try downloading the file again .maybe it is corrupted
sankar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2008, 08:07 AM   #3
pilgarlick
pilgarlick began at the beginning.

Device: hanlin
I had the same problem using earlier lbook updates . I downloaded Hanlin and it worked. I have to say that I over the I haveyears flashed motherboards DVDs etc on many occasions any never ever had a problem but I find that the lbook is very flaky and tempremental. It also seems very particular with types of sd cards and I always use the that came with it despite having a selection of quality cards. It also seems odd that that it does not like 2gb cards although apparently works if partioned. I am a bit disappointed all round with this kit
pilgarlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:13 AM   #4
PaulP
PaulP began at the beginning.

Device: lbook
I finally managed to resolve the issue. As always seems to be the case with the V3, it was the SD card.

The odd thing is that the device can use all the SD cards I have for loading content, but NOT for firmware updates.

I ended up using a 256Mb microSD from an old mobile phone, formatted as FAT16, and it worked fine.

Just as a test, I tried to load all the varients of firmware - Hanlin, BEBook and lbook. They all worked ok.
PaulP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:34 PM   #5
Kleki
Connoisseur
Kleki doesn't litterKleki doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (+ an old Hanlin V3)
I had the same issue today upgrading to EN 2.02. My 1GB Kingston SC Card did not work. Same as mentioned above. The "Checking Update Data Please Wait" message and a couple of beeps. Then nothing.

I tried a 2GB micro SD card (with adapter), despite Jinke's advice to take less or equal 1 GB. And surprise: it worked.
Kleki is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2009, 01:51 PM   #6
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleki View Post
I tried a 2GB micro SD card (with adapter), despite Jinke's advice to take less or equal 1 GB. And surprise: it worked.
OpenInkPot has a discussion of SD cards in its Installation Guide:
Quote:
Use plain SD formatted with FAT16 - SDHC and MMC cards won't work, FAT32 too. Bootloader also isn't capable to address beyond 1Gb, so either use card <= 1Gb, or make sure whole file is in first 1Gb of card (e.g. by formatting it).
This should apply equally to any firmware on any Hanlin V3.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote