Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-09-2013, 09:17 PM   #1
Firestorm1
Firestorm1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
can't update

I recently tried to update Calibre 0.9.11 to 0.9.29 and after I downloaded the update file and tries to run it I got a message stating "This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package." I still have the file but can't open it. Can you help?
Firestorm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....is-not-working
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2013, 11:44 AM   #3
Firestorm1

Thank you....I'll try those things.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:34 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Firestorm - where are you downloading it from

This is the download site you should always go to http://calibre-ebook.com/download

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:44 PM   #5
Firestorm1

I apologize for the delay getting back. I've been involved in a family emergency but all is fine now.
I redownloaded the update and it worked like it should. BetterRed, I forgot the exact site I used but I have bookmarked the link you sent me so I will have it next time. Thanks!
Advert
Old 05-17-2013, 05:42 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Firestorm, glad we could help,

As a general rule I suggest its always best to download software from the producers site rather than from commercial download sites.

Good Luck - BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:50 PM   #7
Cadfile
Cadfile began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple touch
Using Linux Mint. Downloaded update but don't see how to load it.
Cadfile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:17 AM   #8
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Did you read the instructions on the Calibre download page for Linux?
Quote:
Download for linux

The latest release of calibre is 0.9.31. What's new.

Please do not use your distribution provided calibre package, as those are often buggy/outdated. Instead use the Binary install described below.

Binary install

calibre has a binary install that includes private versions of all its dependencies. It runs on 32-bit and 64-bit Intel compatible machines. To install or upgrade, simply copy paste the following command into a terminal and press Enter:
Code:
sudo python -c "import sys; py3 = sys.version_info[0] > 2; u = __import__('urllib.request' if py3 else 'urllib', fromlist=1); exec(u.urlopen('http://status.calibre-ebook.com/linux_installer').read()); main()"
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote