Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-01-2012, 12:50 AM   #1
Bigo2
Zealot
Bigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindle3
html to epub via Sigil or Calibre?

It is likely that someone has asked this question and been answered in the past but I haven't been able to find such a thread...

I regularly process the texts for my Kindle using MS Word. When I'm happy I save them as the html filtered. Then I convert the html file to the epub by means of Sigil, add the resulting epub file to Calibre and then convert it to the mobi. I am 100% happy with the result - everything works as I want.

However, I am not using Sigil for anything else than converting the html to the epub. Would there be any difference if I skip Sigil and convert the html to the epub (or possibly directly to the mobi) directly using Calibre? I've tried it, the resulting epub file appear to be OK, but please can you experts tell me whether there is anything I should be aware of?
Bigo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:11 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Have you looked at the DOCX input plugin?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2012, 02:07 AM   #3
Bigo2
Zealot
Bigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Have you looked at the DOCX input plugin?
No - I am going to check it.

Thanks
Bigo2 is offline   Reply With Quote