Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-11-2012, 03:37 AM   #301
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
For the button: Pure B&W, probably 8bit and as ixtab proposed.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:06 AM   #302
JustAMan
Groupie
JustAMan doesn't litterJustAMan doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Touch
I'm fine if anybody edit that image, that was kind of prototype made with Paint I don't know voodoo of Photoshop or something like this...

ixtab,
There're several .class files with such lines in them. I see in those:
PeriodicalsBooklet.jar:\com\amazon\ebook\booklet\p eriodicals\blogs\ui\views\home\resources\BlogHomeR esources.class
PeriodicalsBooklet.jar:\com\amazon\ebook\booklet\p eriodicals\newspapers\ui\views\sectionstart\resour ces\SectionStartResources.class

This PeriodicalsBooklet.jar lives in /opt/amazon/ebook/booklet.
JustAMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2012, 07:16 AM   #303
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

From my "K3-experience" I would say, both are relevant.

And I will have a look at the button.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:31 AM   #304
diba
Addict

Button

Is this OK?

And sorry, if I want to insert a PIC I have to insert a URL, but how do I insert the grafics from my harddrive? I seem to give the impression of being a complete noob, I know, but sometimes easy things are hard to do ;-)
Attached Images

Last edited by diba; 02-11-2012 at 10:05 AM.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:52 AM   #305
kindl
kindl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G
Russian localization

Have just installed the 20120211 russian localization.
I switched to Russian UI - works fine! But I am missing the Russian keyboard (just don't see it in list of available keyboards).
Is that just a latest build problem, or I am missing something for keyboard localization.
kindl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2012, 07:58 AM   #306
JustAMan
Groupie

You're missing Russian keyboard It has to be installed separately.
Go here and search a bit. eureka posted it somewhere there.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:13 AM   #307
kindl
kindl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G
Thanks! That worked.
kindl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:43 PM   #308
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
OK, current status:

1. The "off" button of the TTS, and of the audible player, are now replaced by a language-neutral graphical button. (@eureka: No need to reinvent the wheel, the 70x40 .png in src/ixtab/ktlocale/resources can be used for the media player as well).

2. A few resources had been missed previously, because they were included as MessageFormat objects (instead of strings). Resources on transifex have been updated accordingly (i.e., there are a few more resources).

Integration of this was a royal PITA. I lost about 5 hours trying to figure out why it wouldn't work, and where exactly things went wrong. Turns out the MessageFormat serialization format has obviously changed between Java versions, so compiling with Java 6 would cause deserialization errors on the Kindle (Java 1.4).
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:52 PM   #309
diba
Addict

proofread while you did the translation.Hope I did not disturb, no changes from.my side. Was my button useful or did you use anotherone?
Looking forward to installing the new version and read the Süddeutsche in Rubriken and respective Artikeln.
Impressing, how you do this stuff!!
Old 02-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #310
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@diba: Yes, I used your button (only minimally edited), so thanks for that!
For the new version, either wait for the next snapshot, or use the VM to generate it by yourself
Old 02-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #311
diba
Addict

gelöscht

Last edited by diba; 02-12-2012 at 03:21 AM.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:32 PM   #312
JustAMan
Groupie

Okay, now it seems I was able to do "git pull" (it kept spitting about "unmerged conflicts"... apparently it's not very good to make some changes but not "git push" them...).

Now I'm going to go through new properties and make ru_RU translation for them.

UPD I've tried to incorporate changes into ru_RU locale, but I'm now too lazy to figure how I build a bundle myself with those changes in MessageFormat and such... So I'll wait for new update bundle

BTW, ixtab, what's the schedule they're built?

Last edited by JustAMan; 02-11-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:31 AM   #313
diba
Addict

ixtab, is it possible to make a bin for deleting the "browser cache" to get the modified URL's to be visible? I think al lot of people will probably ask for help to ssh and all this stuff.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:42 AM   #314
ixtab
(offline)

There you go: http://ge.tt/9XeUvcC/v/51
Old 02-12-2012, 06:55 AM   #315
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAMan View Post
BTW, ixtab, what's the schedule they're built?
You read the README in the locale snapshot package, didn't you?