Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-22-2010, 03:45 PM   #1
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Best way to clean screen smudges??

What is the best and safest way to clean the smudges on the 950 caused by finger touches? By "safest" I mean not harmful to the screen.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:05 PM   #2
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
On my 350 I use a cloth for cleaning eyeglasses, which I usually have on me. If one isn't available I use a clean cotton cloth, like part of my T-shirt.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:07 PM   #3
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
I use a microfiber cloth. I also have Monster screen cleaning spray, but I haven't needed it yet.

btw, I borrowed an ipad from work this weekend and HOLY FINGERPRINTS! It really is amazing how well the Sony screen resists fingerprints. I didn't realize how well until I used the ipad.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:17 PM   #4
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have tried Kleenex but Kleenex seems to be a bit oily. Might toilet paper be dryer/better?
Old 11-22-2010, 04:46 PM   #5
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
I use those kits for glasses - the spray and the microfiber cloth.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:49 PM   #6
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I'd be afraid that paper-based products might be coated and make the smudges worse.

My 350 doesn't smudge too easily. I can use it for a few days before I see smudges on it.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:27 PM   #7
digital_steve
Muppet
digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650
elemenoP - agreed... my iphone 4 looks filthy on the screen; it just sucks up fingerprints
digital_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:41 AM   #8
Corrective
Enthusiast
Corrective began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, PRS-650
Microfibre clothe is the best investment for smudges. Unless the oil has had a chance to dry on the screen, generally I find that the various sprays aren't really necessary.

As long as you soak the microfibre clothe in warm water and detergent occasionally to clean it, a few wipes takes care of 95% of smudges.
Corrective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:03 AM   #9
Bro Pete
Connoisseur
Bro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Sony PRS 650
I use a microfiber cloth similar to the one provided with the reader. I another post I tell about how I watched a fly walking over the screen and turning pages...I gathered that the IR array is pretty sensitive.

For this reason I would like to design a cover that includes a small pocket for a cloth, receipts and notes.

If you use a microfiber cloth DON'T throw it in the dryer with other clothes--especially with a dryer sheet. It will soak up the lint and softener and leave nothing but smudges.
Bro Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:37 AM   #10
petercreasey
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro Pete View Post
I use a microfiber cloth similar to the one provided with the reader.
B, I don't recall a microfiber cloth being provided with the reader. Interesting!!