Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-05-2010, 03:02 PM   #1
fakefir
fakefir began at the beginning.

Device: none
Please help me check formatting on Kindle

I'm helping a friend format a book for free online distribution.

(The paperback version sells at Amazon for $20 but he's giving away the eBook to build some buzz for his next book.)

Anyway, I don't have a Kindle, so I downloaded the eBook after posting it, and I am viewing it in the "Kindle for PC" reader program.

There is a ONE SPACE indent at the start of every paragraph. This extra indent doesn't show up in the PDF or other formats.

The eBook distributor says its a bug in "Kindle for PC" and the book will look fine on a real Kindle, but I would like independent verification. Do you see the extra space at the start of each paragraph in the body of the book?

If you can check this on a real Kindle, please e-mail me the results at fakefir@myway.com!

Here's the link where you can download the Kindle book, as well as other versions:

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/10207

The book is legal fiction / thriller.

WARNING: the book contains adult content and sexual situations, as they say on TV.

Thank you!
fakefir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:41 PM   #2
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
It's got a 4 char (or perhaps it's one tab char) indent.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert