Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-13-2014, 07:00 PM   #1
mtucker57
mtucker57 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Why doesn't my cover show up on kindle?

Hi, all,

So I'm using Sigil 0.6.0 (for some reason 7 won't run on my Mac). For some time now I've been doing e-books with kindle, using the "add semantics" menu to indicate the cover, and then using Kindle Preview to generate the mobi file. Things have worked just fine for two years.

Until now. All of a sudden Kindle Preview has stopped identifying the cover as the cover. when I download the document to my kindle reader, the book appears, but the cover isn't shown on the library page. It just shows the cartoon image of a generic book and gives the title.

Maddening, when I try to read the mobi version of the book with calibre, everything is fine again.

So, any suggestions?

many thanks in advance.
mtucker57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:07 PM   #2
mtucker57
mtucker57 began at the beginning.

Never mind...blush.

I just figured out my problem. I didn't realize I had to add semantics to the cover image as well as the cover page.

The term "dimwit" springs to mind.
mtucker57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2014, 07:59 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtucker57 View Post
Never mind...blush.

The term "dimwithuman" springs to mind.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:04 AM   #4
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Interesting. I don't include a cover in my Kindle editions because that once caused a book to have TWO covers. The KDP conversion inserts the product image between stages 5 (upload your book) and 6 (preview your book). I have since followed this protocol for three or four newer titles, and always the cover image inserted in the conversion shows up on Kindle Previewer (I preview the converted book file, downloaded at Step 6), on the Look Inside preview, and in the book as downloaded, both in the book and on my Fire HD carousel.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, kindle, sigil