Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #1
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook
Kobo service problems?

Is anyone else having problems with Kobo services at the moment? The layout of the website is all screwed up on my computer, both in Chrome and IE9, and has been for a couple of days. There doesn't currently seem to be any way to download a book in Adobe Epub Format onto my PC - the button seems to be missing, but the layout is so screwed up its hard to tell.

Also books I've bought on my Touch aren't automatically appearing in my library, and I have to go back to the shop and download them to get them to appear. I also had a couple of books that disappeared from my library (one when I was reading it!) and I had to download them again. Kobo have been helpful about getting the missing books back to me, but it does seem like something's not quite right at their end.
carandol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #2
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
No the website and my library appear fine to me. What is screwy (I noticed this last week, it's not new behaviour) is that most of the books they recommended "for me" are in German now - ??? I've never downloaded, previewed, or otherwise browsed any German books.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2012, 11:25 AM   #3
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks! Seems like the screwy web site it at my end - I've cleared the browser cache and it's back to normal. Still puzzled by the library problems though. Seems like if I choose a free book it appears in my library automatically, but a bought book doesn't necessarily. I'm not about to experiment by buying books until I find where the problem lies! :-)
Old 02-16-2012, 12:29 PM   #4
geoffwood
Addict
geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT+K4T+PRST1
You are not alone. The home page looks normal, but click on the eBook tab and the whole thing falls apart. It's been that way for at least 8 hours so far.
geoffwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:00 PM   #5
carandol
Evangelist

Try clearing the cache in your browser. Its back to normal for me since I did that.
Advert
Old 02-16-2012, 03:25 PM   #6
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by carandol View Post
Thanks! Seems like the screwy web site it at my end - I've cleared the browser cache and it's back to normal. Still puzzled by the library problems though. Seems like if I choose a free book it appears in my library automatically, but a bought book doesn't necessarily. I'm not about to experiment by buying books until I find where the problem lies! :-)
Is it possible it appears in the "purchased" section of your account but not necessarily in your "reading now" section? If so, I think all you have to do to get it on your device is to select the checkbox next to your book in your 'purchased' section and press the 'bookmark' button to have it appear in your 'Reading Now".
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:39 PM   #7
Jaden
Evangelist
Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacmart View Post
No the website and my library appear fine to me. What is screwy (I noticed this last week, it's not new behaviour) is that most of the books they recommended "for me" are in German now - ??? I've never downloaded, previewed, or otherwise browsed any German books.
Lucky you! If the "strange recommended books" for me last month had been in French, I would have been happy (I can't read it and would not have known what they had "recommend" ).

No, my "recommended" books hade been some very strange adult content books. Wonder what made them think I might want to read about
Spoiler:
"swingers' clubs"?

Can't be the about 350 free classics (well, there's Divine Comedy with Hell/Purgatory and such, but really...).

Recommendations look better now and the "naughty" book recommendations are gone... Oh, and website looks okay over here. No problems whatsoever.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote