Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What team will win the Cup?
Portugal 5 6.02%
England 4 4.82%
Italy 2 2.41%
Netherlands 4 4.82%
Spain 11 13.25%
Germany 15 18.07%
Slovenia 2 2.41%
France 2 2.41%
Greece 0 0%
Switzerland 1 1.20%
Serbia 1 1.20%
Slovakia 0 0%
Brazil 6 7.23%
Argentinia 5 6.02%
Chile 0 0%
Paraguay 0 0%
Mexico 2 2.41%
USA 6 7.23%
Honduras 0 0%
South Africa 0 0%
Algeria 0 0%
Ivory Coast 0 0%
Ghana 1 1.20%
Cameroon 0 0%
Australia 3 3.61%
Japan 2 2.41%
North Korea 1 1.20%
South Korea 1 1.20%
New Zealand 2 2.41%
none of the above 7 8.43%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2010, 04:01 AM   #106
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
And as far as I can tell did abysmally But ty for the new avatar - I have got changed
And you look great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
England 1 - USA 1

In the words of the inimitable Paul Calf - what a bag 'o shite!
Well deserved by the US imo. England wasn't at their best, but I'm sure (and afraid of!) they will be again soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
England did great.

They tied with the Number 1 team. That is hard to do.
Welcome to the world of soccer / football / Fußball whatever it's called. What team are you supporting? The US? You aren't dressed, you know, so it's hard to tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salgueiros View Post
Danke Schon Ravenne!

I am curious to see your team. Germany ALWAYS have great teams, no matter what the pundits say!
I'm curious too. First game is tonight against Australia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
My cousin turned to me just after Green let the ball slip through his hands and in the most deadpan of voices said:

"Well that's one British spill the Yanks won't be complaining about."

Poor Green! I really wouldn't like to be in his shoes. Nice new avatar, btw.
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 04:53 AM   #107
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
No, there wasn't. And trust me, if my generation could undo that dark part of our past, we would.
Ahh, but some things are never forgotten, such as the defeat of Germany in 1988, when we became european champion

(nor the defeat of us in 1974...)

Quote:
And Sweetpea, you really should get dressed, the Oranjes are such a great team!!
Poor cat... And he's such a serious cat too!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2010, 04:54 AM   #108
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
I took for team USA. They really surprised me in that game against Spain.

Just as Japan did against England...
Did any body press the red button?
help! They took Yvar away on their whirling crossdimension ship.

Get back with us Yvan.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:02 AM   #109
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Voting, without betting, shortens the chances of your teams. The big referee in the sky reads your chicken votes and acts accordingly, distributing illusions to you and keeping for others (us) the satisfactions. Go ahead and vote in mass, and may the closest defense win.

And that's the truth! Prut! Prut!
Old 06-13-2010, 05:04 AM   #110
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Nigeria is totally disorganized. It's a shame, their players are strong athletes.

Veron is too old... I remember him to be much quicker.
What do you expect from the mighty Eagles? Wait when the others will be a little more tired. And the Eagles get the handle of their hammers.
Advert
Old 06-13-2010, 05:05 AM   #111
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I look like a frikkin' chavette
Lovely.

I am still betting on Fabio Capello's team.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:23 AM   #112
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
Lovely.

I am still betting on Fabio Capello's team.
Beppe - finally!! What would a soccer thread be without bella Italia?! You're not betting on Italy? I love watching the Italians play! I'm already looking forward to watching Italy- Paraguay tomorrow.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:26 AM   #113
ravenne
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Ahh, but some things are never forgotten, such as the defeat of Germany in 1988, when we became european champion

(nor the defeat of us in 1974...)
Ok, fair enough

Quote:
Poor cat... And he's such a serious cat too!
But ... but ... socccer is serious!!
Old 06-13-2010, 05:37 AM   #114
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I'm curious too. First game is tonight against Australia.
We passed the last time just because of our incredible 16 (see count down for the auspicial value). Grosso invented himself a penalty kick at the last minute.

They play an orderly, physically impressive game, and you know the Aussie, it is not fantasy that it is missing there. Plus they have the emisphere on their side. Tough customers.

If everything goes well (horns waved freely) we'll meet again for an other memorable semifinal!

I alway watch Deutschland games. Your heroic champs have illuminated Italian football for ages. There are names that still bring enthusiasm chez nous. You are too young to remember Helmuth the Haller, just to mention the first that comes to my mind. And the great Lothar, and Rummenigge, and all the other Masters. Heil Deutschland!
Win to night.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:12 AM   #115
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
For those who aren't familiar with football tactics, a little something to help understand:

http://ezpicshare.com/images/re8qv.jpg
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:02 AM   #116
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
put my vote in for Japan. Love Footy...but don't care who wins..... just want good footy...
but support my Local team Japan......
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:52 AM   #117
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Beppe - finally!! What would a soccer thread be without bella Italia?! You're not betting on Italy? I love watching the Italians play! I'm already looking forward to watching Italy- Paraguay tomorrow.
Beppe was talking about the British team, they are coached by an Italian...just to make sure they lose at the right moment!.... Kidding!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
put my vote in for Japan. Love Footy...but don't care who wins..... just want good footy...
The Japanese passing game is fantastically accurate, it's a pleasure to watch them play. Brilliant athletes!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:58 AM   #118
ravenne
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
I alway watch Deutschland games. Your heroic champs have illuminated Italian football for ages. There are names that still bring enthusiasm chez nous. You are too young to remember Helmuth the Haller, just to mention the first that comes to my mind. And the great Lothar, and Rummenigge, and all the other Masters. Heil Deutschland!
Win to night.
I'm not that young (maybe too young for Haller, but not for Karl-Heinz-Rummenigge or Lothar Matthäus ). Semi finals Germany - Italy would be a lot of fun! Forza Italia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
For those who aren't familiar with football tactics, a little something to help understand:

http://ezpicshare.com/images/re8qv.jpg
Thank you so much for this, it's all cristal clear to me now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
Finally someone from Japan. I've read lately (don't recall where) that soccer is the most popular sport right after baseball in Japan which kind of surprised me. I had no idea the Japanese were so fond of soccer .

Quote:
Beppe was talking about the British team, they are coached by an Italian...just to make sure they lose at the right moment!.... Kidding!
I know their coach is Italian and didn't get his joke anyway Do I have to worry I'm taking it all too serious
Old 06-13-2010, 10:51 AM   #119
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i have voted for PORTUGAL !!! because it is so much fun to shout that name.
Well, duh!

PORTUGAL!!!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:58 AM   #120
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The American fans really need lessons in "how to be a football supporter". The fans of all the other countries sing songs; all the American fans do is mindlessly chant "U S A" over and over again. Nearly as tedious as those ghastly horn things (which I'm pleased to see that the World Cup organising committee says they are considering banning from stadia, following complaints from broadcasters).

Last edited by HarryT; 06-13-2010 at 11:01 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fifa world cup. soccer, vote usa!!!