Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-13-2010, 01:23 PM   #31
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I tried Sony support again. Their reply was that EPub is the new format, and the behaviour that I am experiencing (reformatting every time and crashes) is expected when not using EPub.

Last edited by John F; 01-13-2010 at 01:42 PM.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:07 PM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Hard reset didn't help, and now I can't transfer my LRX books to my reader.
It sounds like something is not authorized. And in that case, it never will be again (if it every was). And the only choice you have is to download your LRX as ePub and just go with ePub.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2010, 02:18 PM   #33
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It sounds like something is not authorized. And in that case, it never will be again (if it every was). And the only choice you have is to download your LRX as ePub and just go with ePub.
And what if the EPub isn't available?

I'm trying to decide wether to go back to a previous version of the Sony software. I do buy books from the Sony store, but may forgo the pleasure in favor of a more stable reading device.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:58 PM   #34
soilwork
useR!
soilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2, Kobo Libra H2O, iRiver Story HD
Quote:
And what if the EPub isn't available?
I have two books that are not yet replaced by epub and I decided to forget about them since they were freebies anyway. If the books are important, you may consider waiting for their epub version.

Quote:
I'm trying to decide wether to go back to a previous version of the Sony software. I do buy books from the Sony store, but may forgo the pleasure in favor of a more stable reading device.
Thanks for reporting your experience with Sony people.

Last edited by soilwork; 01-13-2010 at 04:18 PM. Reason: typo
soilwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:29 AM   #35
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
I just tried (A) and didn't get any pre-pagination.

I did reformat internal memory. And I did get one crash while opening a book. I'm getting a lot (relatively) of crashes
Since I never used the Sony software (Calibre instead) I experienced those frequent crashes often during initial opening/pagination of large lrf/lrx files. Because of this I switched to epub months back and now I rarely ever have my reader restart on me.

It looks like Sony dropped pre-pagination of their lrf/lrx files prior to transfer.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2010, 07:29 AM   #36
John F
Grand Sorcerer

If I use Calibre to manage books on my 505, will transfering an LRF book from the PC to the 505 cause all LRF books on the 505 to loose their formatting (because this is what is happening (to me) with the new Sony Library app)?
Old 01-15-2010, 08:32 AM   #37
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
I just tried (A) and didn't get any pre-pagination.

I did reformat internal memory. And I did get one crash while opening a book. I'm getting a lot (relatively) of crashes
Quote:
If I use Calibre to manage books on my 505, will transfering an LRF book from the PC to the 505 cause all LRF books on the 505 to loose their formatting (because this is what is happening (to me) with the new Sony Library app)?
I don't recall if that was a problem. In the dark recesses of my mind, in I areas I don't go anymore I want to say no.... but honestly I don't remember back that far.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:48 PM   #38
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
I use Calibre exclusively. None of your lrfs will be paginated until you open them the first time. I have never had to repaginate a book that I had already opened after adding more books through Calibre.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:42 PM   #39
John F
Grand Sorcerer

I would be interested to hear from anyone if the new Sony Software (3.2.00.05120) fixes the reformatting issue on a PC from the first post. I'll try it eventually, but if this doesn't fix the problem, I probably won't upgrade.

Thanks.