Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-14-2005, 11:44 AM   #1
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Device: Direct Neural Implant
EFF Legal Guide for Bloggers (in mobile formats!)

Thanks to a note from Alexander.. I've taken the EFF's Legal Guide for Bloggers and hand-transcoded it into Plucker and iSilo formats. This is not simply a conversion of their online version, lots of pages were added, split up and other usability elements were added (you can see this in the screenshots below). The physical content remains identical, it was just reorganized and restructured for PDA display on smaller screen devices.

All of the internal links work, and external links are not included but are kept visible in the document (many link to pdfs and very large websites). This means you can cut-n-paste the "offsite" links and read them on your own, without having to have a monstrous document on your PDA.

Please take the time to read this document in full and share it with everyone you know that cares about blogging and the legal implications of blogging.

Please don't forget to Support the EFF and their efforts! They've done an outstanding job on many fronts (including defending us against several companies violating the license of Plucker).

Enjoy everyone!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lgfb_plkr_02.png
Views:	664
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	691   Click image for larger version

Name:	lgfb_plkr_03.png
Views:	746
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	692   Click image for larger version

Name:	lgfb_plkr_04.png
Views:	701
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	693   Click image for larger version

Name:	lgfb_isilo_01.png
Views:	739
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	694   Click image for larger version

Name:	lgfb_isilo_02.png
Views:	677
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	695   Click image for larger version

Name:	lgfb_isilo_03.png
Views:	769
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	696  
Attached Files
File Type: pdb EFF_Legal_Guide_for_Bloggers_Plucker.pdb (58.4 KB, 908 views)
File Type: pdb EFF_Legal_Guide_for_Bloggers_iSilo.pdb (85.9 KB, 942 views)
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 01:31 PM   #2
lindseydyson
Deputy Editor Palm Addict
lindseydyson doesn't litterlindseydyson doesn't litter

Device: Palm Addict
I will sure download and read myself, I think I need to educate myself on the law implications of blogging.

Lindsey Dyson
Deputy Editor PalmAddict
Personal Assistant to Sammual McLoughlin
Welcoming over 40,000 visitors a day to Palm Addict
lindseydyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2005, 04:50 PM   #3
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Thanks for doing this, hacker. I've checked it out and it is a very useful article made more so by the interactivity within iSilo. Usually I don't include the unresolved links, but this time it works because it gives us the road map to whateverr outside links or .PDF's we might want to check out.

Thanks again.
POL9A
Pride Of Lions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 05:06 PM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
A must read for every blogger! David, you do a great job custom converting websites. I wish more people had your gift to share it with us...
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 07:03 PM   #5
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Thanks, David!

Craig.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2005, 07:29 AM   #6
jtrascap
jtrascap began at the beginning.

iPod note format?

I think this would be a perfect for an iPod note format. I keep it with me all the time, and this would fit nicely next to WesternCiv CSS guide. Actually, being able to call "bullsh*t" and having the facts with you is a good thing indeed...
jtrascap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 08:01 AM   #7
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Very nice. It has replaced the messy quick iSiloX clip I did previously. Thanks!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 10:21 AM   #8
Antoine of MMM
Mobile Ministry Magazine
Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nokia N75/N800 Internet Tablet
Many thanks for the info. At my job there are some wanting to do blogs for different gov't functions, and having this resource is a great help.
Antoine of MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 03:37 PM   #9
Unregistered
Nameless Being

Thanks for converting the files and posting these links!

Grace
http://depravedlibrarian.blogspot.com