Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-13-2014, 09:42 AM   #1
rustyw007
rustyw007 began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7 2nd Gen
OSX Mavericks, Nexus 7 2nd Gen - Device Not Detected

Hi,

I've read up on a dozen or so posts - including a blog post form Sept 2012 and I just want to _confirm_ my understanding.

My nexus 7 is not detected (natively) and there is currently no way to send books to it (without additional configuration or software).

Is the above correct?

In short - the behavior I'm looking for is that when I plug in my device, the "send to device" option will appear, and be usable.

Please make the following assumptions:

1. I don't care what reader I use on my Nexus 7 Device (2nd Gen). I'll use any reader if it makes my set up work.
2. I don't want to install any of the additional software (i.e. companion)
3. I must use the USB connection

Thanks!
Rusty
rustyw007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:50 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Buy a PC with Window 7 or Windows 8.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2014, 10:08 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyw007 View Post
I've read up on a dozen or so posts - including a blog post form Sept 2012 and I just want to _confirm_ my understanding.

My nexus 7 is not detected (natively) and there is currently no way to send books to it (without additional configuration or software).

Is the above correct?
You can use calibre's content server.

Quote:
In short - the behavior I'm looking for is that when I plug in my device, the "send to device" option will appear, and be usable.

1. I don't care what reader I use on my Nexus 7 Device (2nd Gen). I'll use any reader if it makes my set up work.
With these limitations theducks gave you the only solution.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 12:19 PM   #4
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Hi,

Is the above correct?

Thanks!
Rusty
Why must use USB? You could upload your books to your Google Books account and then install Play Books on your device, sync and you're done - no need to mess with cables.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:30 AM   #5
rustyw007

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Buy a PC with Window 7 or Windows 8.
heh... true - i didn't state the assumption that I'd rather eat chalk than use a PC! But thanks for the suggestion!
Advert
Old 01-17-2014, 10:31 AM   #6
rustyw007

Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Why must use USB? You could upload your books to your Google Books account and then install Play Books on your device, sync and you're done - no need to mess with cables.
Its a great question and I wont bore you with the details - I dont _always_ have to use USB, but USB is always an option. I do in fact use google books and with the exception that a few of my books are more than 50MB, it works very well.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:11 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
heh... true - i didn't state the assumption that I'd rather eat chalk than use a PC! But thanks for the suggestion!
FWIW: My XP machine is in the same boat as your MAC in this (MTP) regard.

I couldn't resist

I am in the other camp: Anything but pay the Apple Tax.

Just say "I Won't"
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mavericks, nexus 7