Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-02-2011, 02:34 AM   #1
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Tools for Smashwords authors

I've created a page on my website that has a couple of tools that Smashwords authors might find useful.

The first is a tool to make a link to your book in the Apple iBookstore from the ISBN.

The second is a tool to make an animated GIF from book covers. The images to be used have to be hosted on Smashwords.

I may add more in future. The page is at http://www.russellphillipsbooks.co.uk/pages/tools.php
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:11 AM   #2
Stephen_Melling
Stephen_Melling
Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen_Melling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Nice tools, avantman42.
Stephen_Melling is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2011, 08:29 AM   #3
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen_Melling View Post
Nice tools, avantman42.
Thanks The one to make a link to the iBookstore came about because I wanted an easier way to find my books there. Once it was written it was no difficulty to make it available to everyone else.

The animated GIF one I did as something of a learning exercise. I figured that some people might like to use an animated GIF of their covers as an avatar (assuming they're allowed - I haven't checked)
Old 08-02-2011, 10:58 AM   #4
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
Russell, I really appreciate the Amazon and iBookstore links! Worked like a charm! Thanks so very much!
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:39 PM   #5
chrisanthropic
Fiend
chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The ibookstore tool is great! Not having a single apple product in the house made finding that a pain. Thanks!
chrisanthropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2011, 08:43 PM   #6
Montana Mills
Groupie
Montana Mills is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Montana Mills is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Montana Mills is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Montana Mills is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Montana Mills is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Montana Mills is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Montana Mills is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Montana Mills is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Montana Mills is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Montana Mills is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Montana Mills is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Nook
Very cool! Thanks for sharing this.
Montana Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:48 AM   #7
G J Lau
Zealot
G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Nice work.
G J Lau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:49 AM   #8
PamelaMary
Guru
PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Thanks!

Avantman42,

Thanks you so much. I found my novels! I searched and searched before and didn't know if they were up yet on Apple books. (I don't have an Apple device either.)

I'm excited is an understatement. Thanks again.
PamelaMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 04:18 AM   #9
avantman42
Wizard

As I said before, I wrote the iBookstore tool to make life simpler for myself. That said, I'm very pleased that others are getting some use out of it as well
Old 08-20-2011, 06:03 AM   #10
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by avantman42 View Post
As I said before, I wrote the iBookstore tool to make life simpler for myself. That said, I'm very pleased that others are getting some use out of it as well
I think that's one of the great things about the internet. A person can create something like your iBookstore tool out of personal need and be able to share it with others with just a few clicks of the mouse.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 07:32 AM   #11
avantman42
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I think that's one of the great things about the internet. A person can create something like your iBookstore tool out of personal need and be able to share it with others with just a few clicks of the mouse.
Exactly - it was no more difficult for me to make it available than it was to keep it private. In such a case, why keep it to myself?
Old 08-20-2011, 08:42 AM   #12
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Thanks!
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote