Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-17-2011, 09:27 AM   #1
GiganticMonstah
GiganticMonstah began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 350
Won't restart.

Hi guys, I hope you can help me out on this one. Late last night, I was reading a PDF file, and suddenly it just froze. I tried to turn the pages, click the home button, but nothing. Then I tried to connect the reader to my laptop, but my laptop doesn't recognize it. Then I tried pressing the reset button for 5 seconds, slide the power switch on, but still nothing.
Help please? Oh! It's PRS 350.

Last edited by GiganticMonstah; 07-17-2011 at 09:38 AM.
GiganticMonstah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:48 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The most obvious reason is that the battery is flat. Put it on charge overnight.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2011, 12:43 PM   #3
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
If that fails, reset.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:32 AM   #4
Syniurge
Enthusiast
Syniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: PRS-650
Yes, it happened to mine, but I didn't notice the freezing until a few hours later and the battery had been completely drained during the freeze which is why the reset button didn't seem to work.

Just put it on charge and it will come back to life.

Last edited by Syniurge; 07-18-2011 at 07:36 AM.
Syniurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:58 AM   #5
GiganticMonstah
GiganticMonstah began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 350
Yes, thank you guys. It is now working just fine. All I had to do was just charge it. Thanks again guys.
GiganticMonstah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert