Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-27-2011, 10:49 AM   #346
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I think she meant this:

"Geesh, tubemonkey for a handle!?! Monkeys spread AIDS in Africa!"
Not this monkey. I wear a sock for protection.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:14 AM   #347
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Man... it would be cool if you can send your notes on an eBook to evernote. Every other app is integrating with them, why not the kindle and kindle app?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2011, 11:16 AM   #348
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Man... it would be cool if you can send your notes on an eBook to evernote. Every other app is integrating with them, why not the kindle and kindle app?

BOb
Completely off topic, but re:Evernote integration, you can do this with Moon+ android reader if you also have the Evernote android app installed.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:31 AM   #349
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
Completely off topic, but re:Evernote integration, you can do this with Moon+ android reader if you also have the Evernote android app installed.
Yes your right... but the discussion did harp on the ability to keep your notes on a library book and how you would access them if you didn't later purchase the book. So, my thoughts where, if you could send them to Evernote that would be one way to save them.

So, mostly off topic.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:31 AM   #350
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathanael View Post
Amazon thinks this is a good idea WHY, exactly? If I want to take notes on a book, I'll do it in a notebook, thank you. Better yet, I'll check out the epub on my iPad and fire up Notes Plus. And the notes are mine to keep forever, no Amazon account required :-)
Yes, having options is such a horrible inconvenience!
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2011, 01:35 PM   #351
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

Yes your right... but the discussion did harp on the ability to keep your notes on a library book and how you would access them if you didn't later purchase the book. So, my thoughts where, if you could send them to Evernote that would be one way to save them.

So, mostly off topic.

BOb
Oh, yes, completely agree - I'm pretty sure that Amazon wants you to buy THEIR version in order to get your notes out.

Just had to give a shout-out to Moon+.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:37 PM   #352
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathanael View Post

Amazon thinks this is a good idea WHY, exactly?
Because the functionality can also be used as a troll detector.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:33 PM   #353
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Fankittehs usually don't
no, I'm a truthkitteh if anything. you haven't been around long enough to know the origins of this handle so leave off.

it is old, dusty, ancient, been there, done that, got the t-shirts and am now using them for dustrags news
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:17 PM   #354
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I can't FREAKING believe it
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:40 PM   #355
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Interesting.

My thoughts.

1) I just sank a lot of $ into B&N nook, including content. 2 of the 3 reasons I chose nook over Kindle are now gone (lending, library). epub / PDF format handling still a differentiator, but the differences are slimmer. Still prefer e-ink but I still do occasional iPhone reading on various apps for various reasons (portability, backlight-- night reading while a car passenger).

2) Agree this will increase wait time for new releases at library. BUT...I've been bottom-feeding off old PDF releases at my library, currently with no wait time. IF (big IF) I can check out these old PDF releases in *.azw format (which is not clear to me) then that is a WIN because PDFs are tedious to read on an e-ink reader. While I don't have a Kindle, I do have the App and would rather read a Kindle book on my phone than a PDF reflowed with the bad kind of hyphenation issues on my nook. On the other hand, now that these PDF books are available to a new market segment there might be more of a wait for them.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:47 PM   #356
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
no, I'm a truthkitteh if anything. you haven't been around long enough to know the origins of this handle so leave off.

it is old, dusty, ancient, been there, done that, got the t-shirts and am now using them for dustrags news
Post read.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:06 AM   #357
teadonkey
Zealot
teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Ever since I got my Kindle, I've only made purchases on it that aren't at the library, so this doesn't really super effect me, I suppose? I've never had an issue with checking out a hardback or a paperback.

Also I live in a small town where my local library has like... 2 ebooks. So if they get any Kindle books, it'll be a while.

I like that this will shut the people who moan and groan about Kindle's lack of Library Lending up, though. This has always bothered the living day lights out of me!
teadonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:15 PM   #358
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Amazon has a website that you can go to and look at your notes. You can even cut and paste them into word documents so you can print them out. I do believe that any student who read a book they borrowed from the library would be able to use said feature to save their notes or retrieve their notes at a later date.

Last edited by ProfCrash; 05-01-2011 at 12:22 PM.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:19 PM   #359
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Amazon has a website that you can go to and look at your notes. You can even cut and paste them into word documents so you can print them out. I do believe that any student who read a book they borrowed from the library would be able to use said feature to save their notes or retrieve their notes at a latter date.
Good call!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:15 AM   #360
fallen4
fallen4 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
This is great news because that is what brought me to this forum. Converting Adobe epub to mobi. With all the help in this forum you would think I would have solved my problem. But frankly I just got more confused
fallen4 is offline   Reply With Quote