Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-03-2010, 07:56 PM   #1
mornington
Connoisseur
mornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-650
Locking the Keyboard

Does anybody know of any way to lock/unlock the Kindle 3's keyboard?

Basically, so that while reading I don't get that "search" box popping up at the bottom of the screen if I accidentally hit a key on the keyboard.

Also, while I'm thinking of the controls, anything which allowed me to remap the page turning buttons would be good too (personally, I'd just prefer it if the buttons on the left side were reversed, so that "next page" was upper-left and lower-right while "previous page" was lower-left and upper-right, as that would feel more natural to me).
mornington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:35 AM   #2
violent23
Connoisseur
violent23 will become famous soon enoughviolent23 will become famous soon enoughviolent23 will become famous soon enoughviolent23 will become famous soon enoughviolent23 will become famous soon enoughviolent23 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Oasis 2017, Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Keyboard
Reversing the left buttons would be nice, but as far as I know there is nothing like that. As for the keyboard lock there is nothing like that either. Your zero for two, sorry.
violent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
keyboard, kindle 3, lock