Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-21-2010, 01:59 PM   #1
joycedb
Guru
joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Need favor from non-US readers

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help me out here. My small, indie publisher claims that our titles are available in countries outside the US, but I'm beginning to have my doubts. I've been to the Amazon UK site and my book isn't there. Can someone in any country outside the US check and see if my book is available in whatever book outlets they purchase from? Thanks for your help.

Joyce
Serendipity House

Edit: I forgot to mention it's an e-book available in many formats, including Kindle.
joycedb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:05 PM   #2
seagull
Addict
seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
Amazon.co.uk doesn't sell eBooks. Amazon.com sells eBooks to UK customers. And I can confirm that 2 versions of 'Serendipity House' are available to UK customers - one priced at $5.59 and one priced at $6.99.
seagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2010, 02:18 PM   #3
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
I found it when I searched from Australia.
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:24 PM   #4
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Unless your publisher is actually a religious one with many out of print paperbacks from the late 90s, then no, not even listed in Canada at either Amazon or Chapters, who are the majors.

ETA: Oops, you meant e-book. In which case, yes to Canadian Kindle store (2 versions @ $6.76 and $7.95 respectively), no to Kobo, Sony Reader, Diesel or Direct e-book stores.

Last edited by ATDrake; 07-21-2010 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Mistook what was actually being asked for.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:34 PM   #5
t-town
Connoisseur
t-town began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
!!You need to look on amazon.com, then select the region you want to look in!!
So; Serendipity House - Kindle Edition - Kindle Book (Sept. 1, 2009) by DeBacco, Joyce
region: Europe
Vat and wireless delivery included
$7.77

So you need not have doubts, it certainly is available.
t-town is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2010, 05:48 PM   #6
joycedb
Guru
joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you all for checking.

Seagull - The two different prices would probably be because the pub just recently signed up for the new royalty rate structure. So you're saying that all UK customers have to go to the US site?

Laine - Where did you find it, on the US site or the Australia site if there is one?

ATDrake - I went to Amazon Canada and couldn't find it under my name or book title. There isn't even a page for Kindle e-books. Where did you find it?

t-town - There is no Europe listed. I went to Amazon UK and Amazon Canada and it wasn't there. Do the sites display differently from another country?

Sorry to bother you with more questions, but answers are much appreciated. So anyone else who can shed some light on this, please jump in. Thanks.

Joyce
Serendipity House
Old 07-21-2010, 09:15 PM   #7
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by joycedb View Post
ATDrake - I went to Amazon Canada and couldn't find it under my name or book title. There isn't even a page for Kindle e-books. Where did you find it?
There is no Kindle store at Amazon.ca.

Instead, Canadian Kindlers (and overseas ones) go to the regular Amazon.com Kindle store, but we set our country in the little drop-down box on the left sidebar near the top (or it's automatically set when we register our Kindles) and availability and pricing info for our respective regions (in US dollars) thus pop up.

I think you can check availability and prices yourself by logging out of your regular Amazon.com account, maybe clearing your browser cookies, and then going back to the Kindle store, which should then give you the Select Your Region option.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:04 AM   #8
Fringecup
Enthusiast
Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'

Device: Sony Reader 600 Touch Edition
It's not on Kobo Books' site in Canada, either.
Fringecup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:13 AM   #9
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
Available on whispernet to South Africa for $6.76.
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:30 AM   #10
Wordcrasher
Addict
Wordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Fire 2015, Kindle Paperwhite
Availabe on Amazon.com for Italian customers. Price is $7.77
Wordcrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:35 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved. Please do not abuse the "News" forum by posting items there that are clearly NOT news.

Thanks

[Moderator]
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:23 AM   #12
seagull
Addict
seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by joycedb View Post
Seagull - The two different prices would probably be because the pub just recently signed up for the new royalty rate structure. So you're saying that all UK customers have to go to the US site?
Yes, all international Kindle users must go through Amazon.com and not one of the local variants.
seagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 05:13 AM   #13
t-town
Connoisseur
t-town began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Go to amazon.com
sign out (So amazon doesn't know your country/region)
go to digital downloads -> kindle store
on the upper left side of the page, you can find a region buttoin. Select the region you'd like to check. Now search for your book, and you can see if it's available (it is) and the price in that region/ country.
t-town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:48 AM   #14
joycedb
Guru

Thank you all. I have a much better understanding how it works now. And Harry, I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong place, but the general discussion forum said something "about e-book reading not specicific to a device" and my question was specific to a Kindle. None of the other forums seemed appropriate either, which is why I chose the one I did. Sorry.

Joyce
Serendipity House
Old 07-24-2010, 05:48 PM   #15
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Canadian can also order the title from Fictionwise at $5.95. That's chepaer than the Amazon Kindle edition which, as has been pointed out further up the thread, is oddly available at different price points.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote