Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-15-2012, 08:33 PM   #31
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Me: Kindle Touch and iPad/iPod Touch
Partner: Kobo Touch he bought on our first date
Household: New Nexus Tablet which is meant for everyone but he has not yet used

Mom: Kobo 1st gen I got as a gift and gave her
Dad: Kobo 1st gen whole family bought him as a father's day gift
Stepmom: iPad she bought herself (she uses Overdrive app)
Sister: Kindle something she bought herself

Uncle: Kindle Keyboard I passed on to aunt, which he then stole
Aunt: Kindle 2 I passed onto her to replace the Kindle Keyboard
Other Uncle: I know he reads on his iPad
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:33 PM   #32
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
I started it in my family with a Sony PRS650 since then I've converted them all
Brother has the T1, my mother also the T1 and my dad the T2
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2012, 07:36 AM   #33
covfam
Addict
covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod Touch,Ipad3,Kindle fire, Samsung Galaxy tab, Samsung Galaxy S3
Me = kindle for android on my cellphone,
wife = kindle for android on cellphone
Father in law = kindle fire
Mother in law kindle fire,
Nephew kindle for ipad on ipad2
Brother n law 1 kindle on phone
brother in law 2 kindle on phone, sister in law kindle on phone.
covfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #34
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I started the ebook-family myself. I bought my sister a prs-t1 for her birthday and my brother and sister in law bought themselves readers (I don't know which readers). Those are all the readers that I'm aware of.
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #35
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I have a Nook Color and my mom has a Kindle Fire, one sister has some cheap unlit LCD reader and the other reads on phones for as long as she can hang onto one at a time (typically not long).
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2012, 06:57 PM   #36
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Not completely, but we're getting there.

Me - I have both a Kindle Keyboard and a Nook
Bro - has Kindle keyboard. Difficulties have moved him to audiobooks only
Sis - Alternates between paperbacks and Kindle Touch
Mom - She is in process of completely switching over to Kindle PW that I bought her. Arthritis issues are making it difficult to read paperbacks.
Sis - She plans to switch to an ereader once she gets a job. Arthritis issues are making it difficult to read paperbacks.

Most other family and extended family don't read. My Dad, who passed away a bit over a year ago, would have loved a Touch screen, be it Nook or Kindle. He found the Kindle keyboard too bulky to handle. Instead, he'd read stuff using Kindle PC.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:05 AM   #37
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Me - Kindle 3, Sony PRS-600 (Hoping Santa brings a KFHD 7"),

Wife - Kindle 3 (Dead - She Rolled on it in bed !), Kindle Keyboard (Kindle 3 - Replacing the one she killed !), HTC Android Phone,

Son (22) Kindle 4,

I wanted more kids just so we could try out OTHER eReaders ! The wife just PUNCHED me ???????
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:01 AM   #38
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Me - Apple Touch 2nd gen, Sony 505, Sony 700 (second favorite ereader), Nook Classic (spare), NT, (main ereader)
Husband - Apple Touch 1st gen and NT (his main reader)
Daughter #1 and her husband - NT (one until Christmas)
Grandson and his wife - I-Pad and NT
Daughter #2 and her husband and 3 children - 3 I-Phones, 1 I-pad, 1 Nook Color, 1 Nook
other Grandparents:
One has a Sony wi-fi
One has a Kindle
Another set of the GP's has a Nook Color
Another pair will have an I-Pad come Christmas

I think that covers the close family.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:31 AM   #39
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
I'm looking forward to the day when there will actually be ebooks that my mother could or would want to read. The Estonian ebook market is still in its infancy and although there are now several hundred ebooks, they're either classics (which she has read if she ever had any interest in them at all) or fantasy/scifi (which she has no interest in).

I'm pretty sure she'd like to have one, as she's been eyeing my Kindles, the font size change ability in particular, quite keenly - but with no content there to put on it for her, she's still stuck with struggling with paper books and glasses in bed before sleep.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:23 AM   #40
auntiem
Enthusiast
auntiem will become famous soon enoughauntiem will become famous soon enoughauntiem will become famous soon enoughauntiem will become famous soon enoughauntiem will become famous soon enoughauntiem will become famous soon enough

Device: nexus 7
I have 2 sisters, 2 nieces, and 1 nephew who also use a reader. I don't know what they read on.
auntiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:01 AM   #41
Laridae
Addict
Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Blackberry PlayBook, Nexus 4, ChromeBook
I use the Nexus 7, which I really like.

My wife uses the PlayBook, but mostly for email since she still prefers reading printed books.

Son 1 also has a PlayBook.

and Son 2 just inherited our old Kobo Vox (which is unbearably slow and nobody likes)
Laridae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:18 AM   #42
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
3 of my 4 sisters have ereaders, I'm trying to turn my daugther to ereading but I don't have a lot of succes so far
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:14 PM   #43
morriss003
Evangelist
morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
My SO is still confused about why Chrome or FF is better than IE and is still not quite used to the zoom feature in maps.
morriss003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:53 PM   #44
RickyB
Enthusiast
RickyB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RickyB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RickyB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch
Four x Kobo Touches (two adults, two teenage boys) and we love them. We have an iPad and this never gets used for anything other than casual reading (web pages and the like).
RickyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:19 AM   #45
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I have a JetBook Lite and use it a lot.

My wife has an Ipad and has done some reading on it, but mostly she watches videos on it.

My kids love hard copy books, but haven't caught the ereader bug, yet.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote