Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 06-07-2013, 07:52 PM   #1
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Kindle Fire HD Firmware Upgrade

Just 2 hours ago my Kindle Fire HD 7" 32 Gb did a firmware upgrade immediately after I closed the cover after reading some pages in an eBook.

It went from version 7.4.1 to 7.4.3 !

However, the Amazon upgrade site shown here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=201016350

still shows version 7.3.1 as the latest version.

In addition, in the past every upgrade turned on Location-Based Services which drained my battery. This time that did NOT happen.

Does anyone know what changed in 7.4.3 ?

Is it possible that only a few of us are now getting the firmware upgrades so Amazon can see if there are any major problems before these upgrades are offered to everyone else?

I've been leaving Location-Based Services turned off all the time due to its prior effect on my battery. Maybe the new upgrades are only going to those with that "feature" turned off.

Last edited by sirmaru; 06-07-2013 at 09:14 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #2
grahamgscott
grahamgscott began at the beginning.

Device: kindle hd 7
Gotta love this (from just minutes ago with Amazon.com live chat):

You are now connected to Debasish from Amazon.com
Me:My Kindle just upgraded to 7.4.3. Can you tell me what this upgrade did?
Debasish:Hi Scott.
Me:Hi.
Debasish:My name is Debasish, I'll be happy to help you today.
Me:Thanks. I cannot find any info on what this upgrade did. Is there a URL that specifies this...?
Debasish:Are you referring to "Scott's Kindle" registered in your account?
Me:Yes.
I was 7.4.1 but just minutes ago went through an upgrade process from Amazon.
Debasish:Your Kindle Fire is updated to it's latest software version.
Me:Yes I know that. What does this new version do? What has been updated?
Are you there?
Debasish:Yes, Scott.
Our technical team is currently working on this , just to avoid Kindle Frozen issues.
Me:Where can I find documentation on this upgrade?
Debasish:Your Kindle Fire will automatically download the latest software version when connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Me:And where can I find documentation about this upgrade and what it entails?
Debasish:I'm sorry there is no documentation for this upgrade, as this is made too fix some internal issues that may cause damage to Kindle.
grahamgscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:27 AM   #3
finn1boy100
finn1boy100 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Question

My Kindle Fire HD 7 just got a update. It changed to 7.4.3,but I don't see any difference with the last update. Am I missing something?
finn1boy100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:24 PM   #4
jdspencer
jdspencer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
My 8.9 is now at 8.4.3 after a short stint at 8.4.1.
Other than the battery monitor, what else is new or changed in this version?
It would be nice if the upgrade page on Amazon mentioned this info.
jdspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:40 AM   #5
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by finn1boy100 View Post
My Kindle Fire HD 7 just got a update. It changed to 7.4.3,but I don't see any difference with the last update. Am I missing something?
They added the client code for NSA's PRISM surveillance system.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:10 AM   #6
finn1boy100
finn1boy100 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
finn1boy100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:30 AM   #7
kronckew
Bookworm
kronckew began at the beginning.

Device: bookeen opus
from amazon website:

7.4.3:

In addition to bug fixes and performance improvements, the software update adds the following feature to your Kindle Fire:

Language Support for Canadian English and Canadian French

You can now change your device language to Canadian English and Canadian French.
Show Battery Percentage in the Status Bar

You can now see the total amount of battery life left when you enable this feature from the Device menu.
kronckew is offline   Reply With Quote