Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-13-2016, 02:10 AM   #1
ymerejo42
Enthusiast
ymerejo42 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Fire HD 10 (9th Generation)
Question Problem with plugboards

OK, this used to work, so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong...

I use Aldiko to read books on my Android tablet. It supports multiple formats, but because epub was the first one I used, that's what I use for all my books now. I have a plugboard set up to change the titles of any books that I export so that they have the series in them, for sorting on my reader. The issue is, the plugboard seems to not be working at all anymore.

What I have it set to is epub:save to disk, with the following code:

Code:
{series}{series_index:0>2s| | - }{title}
and it's supposed to save in the 'title' field.

The issue is, it's not changing anything. All my books are sorted by title. I set it so that it saves a separate OPF file, so that I could check it, and no matter what I set the field to ('title' or 'title_sort'), it always has only the original title of the book. I've also tried using 'any format'. Any idea?
ymerejo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 11:39 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Can you open the exported EPUB using the calibre E-Book Viewer and check that it has the right title metadata?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2016, 01:37 AM   #3
ymerejo42
Enthusiast
ymerejo42 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Fire HD 10 (9th Generation)
OK, I did that, and it's showing up right... Could that mean that somehow, Aldiko is using some different information? Or should I try setting up a plugboard for each field, see if that makes any difference?
ymerejo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 01:51 AM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ymerejo42 View Post
OK, I did that, and it's showing up right... Could that mean that somehow, Aldiko is using some different information?
Possibly. I've never used Aldiko, so I wouldn't know how it works.

Perhaps Aldiko only uses the filename? Perhaps it uses cached information? Best wait until someone who uses Aldiko can answer.

But clearly calibre is doing its part, by embedding the plugboard-modified metadata.

Last edited by eschwartz; 02-25-2016 at 02:27 AM. Reason: fix quote
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aldiko, android, epub, plugboards