Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-13-2020, 08:51 AM   #1
Didouf
Didouf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Unhappy Impossible modify author name and add image since today

Hi,
since this morning (it works perfectly until yesterday) I have the following problems with Calibre (4.20) :
- when I add a new book, it doesn't add the cover.
- If I open the book then copy the cover and try to past it, I have the following error message :

calibre, version 4.20.0
ERREUR : Accès refusé: Impossible de modifier l’emplacement de ce livre. Est-il ouvert dans un autre programme ?

Locked file: D:\Mes Documents\Bibliothèque calibre\FR\Linnea Hartsuyker\La Reine des Mers (100682)\cover.jpg

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\metadata\single.py", line 615, in apply_changes
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\metadata\basic_widgets.py", line 1268, in commit
File "site-packages\calibre\db\legacy.py", line 714, in set_cover
File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 62, in call_func_with_lock
File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 1259, in set_cover
File "site-packages\calibre\db\backend.py", line 1459, in set_cover
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\img.py", line 286, in save_cover_data_to
File "site-packages\calibre\startup.py", line 169, in local_open
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'D:\\Mes Documents\\Biblioth\xe8que calibre\\FR\\Linnea Hartsuyker\\La Reine des Mers (100682)\\cover.jpg'

Only main Calibre is open.

For books already loaded in Calibre, when I tried to modify the name of the author, I have a similar error message and the directory is not changed (even if the Author name is updated in the metadata).

So thanks in advance for your Help
Didouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 08:53 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...n-denied-error
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:35 AM   #3
Didouf

Unhappy Already checked

Hi,
Thanks for your quick answer..... but i've tried to find an answer prior to the post and have seen this page of the calibre manuel. To give you more visibility, I've checked the following points :
- D: is an internal disk, on a PC with W10 with all patches applied with 220Go space available
- Regarding permissions, it's possible to add a file in Calibre but it refused to create the Cover file : which permission modification could allow that ? Is there a parameter in Calibre ?
- Files are not open in another program
Old 07-13-2020, 09:42 AM   #4
Didouf

Solution found !

Hi,

I found the solution and it was related to AVAST AV.

I don't know why but it appears that the directory used by Calibre was set up during the night (certainly a software update) in a restricted area for JPEG .

What I finally do is to authorize Calibre to this area (After I installed the latest release of AVAST without silent mode, it raised the points).

Now everything is working fine and and I can also modify the author with the associated directory change.

Thanks for your great job

Brgds
Old 07-13-2020, 10:41 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The solution is to DUMP Avast as it's GARBAGE. Just use Windows Defender or Windows Security (depending on which Windows you use).
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 10:52 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Jon is being blunt (and opinionated as usual)
BUT
If you had bothered to read posts of late, in these forum, you would see a theme over the last few weeks: AVAST is causing lots of issues with file access.

IMHO Unless you are a clueless, click on anything user, you will do quite well with the stock Windows defender.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:27 AM   #7
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Windows Defender + MalwareBytes Free + spot-checking individual files with VirusTotal works quite well.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:47 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Jon is being blunt (and opinionated as usual)
BUT
If you had bothered to read posts of late, in these forum, you would see a theme over the last few weeks: AVAST is causing lots of issues with file access.

IMHO Unless you are a clueless, click on anything user, you will do quite well with the stock Windows defender.
I find AV programs that get in the way of Calibre to be no worth using. There's never been anything wrong with Calibre so to false positive any part of it is not good.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 05:53 PM   #9
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The solution is to DUMP Avast as it's GARBAGE. Just use Windows Defender or Windows Security (depending on which Windows you use).

Maybe Kovid should put a startup check in calibre that pops a warning if AVAST is running.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
ioerror: [errno 13], stuck