Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 11-06-2009, 06:14 AM   #1
sebastienbillard
Connoisseur
sebastienbillard is on a distinguished road

Device: none
How to adapt a such PDF to 6 inches reader ?

Hi,

I would like to adapt this pdf (https://portal.health.fgov.be/pls/po...01%20CORPS.PDF ) for my PRS-600.

I can read it with reflow, but in this mode I can't see pictures properly displayed. Text is ok. So what method/tools would you recommend to adapt this kind of content ? I don't want to have the very same layout, just need to be able to read both text and pictures, in the right order.

I think it can fit, I just don't know how. Basicaly I presume it just need tweaking with document size, margins/tabulations and font size.

(It can stay PDF, or can be LRF, Epub or any format supported by Sony).
sebastienbillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:09 AM   #2
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
There's almost no way to get a PDF like that looking good on your reader. I'm not sure you'd do much better than just holding down the magnify button to switch into landscape mode (--err, that's how it works on the 505, not sure about the 600--), and otherwise keep it as is.

If you don't need the stuff in the left margins, you might use something like PaperCrop and just split that out as if it were a separate column; the only other tool that might be worth trying is PDFLRF, but I doubt the results would be much better than with normal landscape mode.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2009, 06:48 PM   #3
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Hi sebastien

I have the 505 and thus the tests I have made where in it.
I know you can zoom a PDF file in you reader, but I let that option out as I can not test that possibility.

Concerning that you have also two other options:

1 - the file cropped from it’s white margins (01 CORPS - 01.pdf)
You can read it changing your reader to half page and horizontal reading (pressing the zoom button on the 505 for a while lets you get into that reading option):
2 - file processed with Sopdfwin “cut” the pages in half with a little of super imposing and cropping all the white space out (01 CORPS - 01-soPDF.pdf).

Let me know if you feel comfortable with any of these solutions.

Best regards,
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 01 CORPS - 01.pdf (1.04 MB, 439 views)
File Type: pdf 01 CORPS - 01-soPDF.pdf (1.04 MB, 395 views)

Last edited by DDHarriman; 11-07-2009 at 06:53 PM.
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:31 AM   #4
sebastienbillard
Connoisseur
sebastienbillard is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Thanks DDharriman for having taken the time to work on these files. The first solution look better, as I don't feel comfortable reading in landscape mode esspecially when pictures are cut. Have to test now
sebastienbillard is offline   Reply With Quote