Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-24-2016, 11:09 AM   #1
jose_amp95
jose_amp95 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Kobo Glo HD - Crackle sound when pressing button

Hello, I'm getting this strange issue: whenever I press the power/unlock button, it makes an strange sound... I think it could be related with a bad assembly. Is this common to happen with this model? It is a bit annoying...
jose_amp95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 12:38 PM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
If this is a new purchase, I would return it for an exchange. If a mechanical switch is making any noise, except a click, the integrity of the parts is in doubt.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2016, 06:51 PM   #3
jose_amp95
jose_amp95 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Yeah, I think I'm gonna ask for exchange. Will report if new unit still has the same issues, but I hope it doesn't.
jose_amp95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
button, crackle, sound