Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-21-2013, 09:50 PM   #1
blc
blc is a marvel to beholdblc is a marvel to beholdblc is a marvel to beholdblc is a marvel to beholdblc is a marvel to beholdblc is a marvel to beholdblc is a marvel to beholdblc is a marvel to beholdblc is a marvel to beholdblc is a marvel to beholdblc is a marvel to behold

Device: kobo glo
Question How to send broken Kobo glo to Japan to repair.

Last night I encountered into an accident, then the eink monitor of my Kobo glo is broken.

Since I really like this elegant device, so I'm searching ways to fix it.

I broght it from BIC CAMERA in Toyko in Feb. I guess I should send it back to Japan.

Does anyone know how to send my Kobo glo to fixing it?
blc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:31 PM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
What country are you in? I suggest first contacting Kobo customer service. Use phone or web chat, rather than email. You may well find that repair isn't worth the money, unless you do it yourself or somehow find an inexpensive third party repairer.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2013, 04:20 AM   #3
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
If it's something that happened as a result of what you did and you need to pay for the repairs then I would agree that it probably isn't worth the cost. Upgrading to the Aura or HD is a little bit expensive but you could always by the Glo from Bic Camera again as they only cost about $75
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:51 AM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
There is a broken glo for sale in the buy and sell forum here. It has a good screen but a broken charging system. The owner wants $50 Canadian for it.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:50 AM   #5
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
There is a broken glo for sale in the buy and sell forum here. It has a good screen but a broken charging system. The owner wants $50 Canadian for it.
Maybe someone can provide the necessery info which part number the Glo e-ink screen has.
Then hopefully it's in this list:

AliExpress - E-ink screens DIY
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2013, 07:25 AM   #6
blc
blc is a marvel to beholdblc is a marvel to beholdblc is a marvel to beholdblc is a marvel to beholdblc is a marvel to beholdblc is a marvel to beholdblc is a marvel to beholdblc is a marvel to beholdblc is a marvel to beholdblc is a marvel to beholdblc is a marvel to behold

Device: kobo glo
Thanks for all replies.

I sent an email to Kobo customer service.
After another day, they replied and tell me it cost ¥7300 to take a replacement, when I visit/stay in Japan.

Well, meeera is right.

So I'll consider a new Kobo Arua HD or wait for Sony's A4-size eink device.

Thanks all.

Last edited by blc; 10-29-2013 at 07:30 AM.
blc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:20 AM   #7
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
That is ridiculous. Why would anyone pay 7300 yen for a repair when they can buy a new one for about 7500 yen?
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote