Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 10-22-2015, 10:57 AM   #16
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
100% agree with the dedicated section.
Recently I developed a little utility for KoReader's history highlights and I had to post about it in 3 different places, without accessing the people that use the android or pocketbook version.
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 11:40 AM   #17
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I might volunteer to moderate, but I am not so sure I understand all that might be involved.

@embryo; There is a "KOreader on Android" thread in the "Android Devices" forum.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2015, 02:26 AM   #18
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Hi

I concur with this proposal. On a Kobo Glo, Koreader became - after some months - my main reading application. I have been convinced with two unique features:
- extracting highlights with the Evernote plugin
- OTA updates.

Now, I also have a Kindle and I am waiting for the impending jailbreak to install another instance of Koreader (I bought the Kindle just for this...)

I think a Koreader sub-forum would make a lot of sense. Now, people have to ask for the same questions again and again because the threads became unmanageable, are no longer informative and even confusing.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 02:35 PM   #19
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
I vote for a new subforum and would be happy to see Ken moderate it.

I am honestly at a loss to find anything back on the forum using the search function---too many hits or none at all---and find myself just reading through PeterT's sticky List of Hacks to find something posted a while ago. So I am all for smaller threads that can be closed after the problem is solved.

I just had a look at the koreader thread in the Kobo subforum and it has basically reduced to a long list of user problems that might be dealt with the answers given. So it already is a subforum, albeit very very unstructured. The only nice feature of it is the low threshold for posting: nobody has to create a thread.

Koreader's wiki is still rather minimalistic, so it really needs the support of the threads to remain accessible for more users. It would be great if the subforum would generate its own sticky lists with Q&A, easy hacks, etc.

From my point of view the moderation would initially be about moving off-topic questions to new dedicated threads in the subforum and if time allows about maintaining a sticky with a link index.

Last edited by Markismus; 10-23-2015 at 02:39 PM.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 11:48 PM   #20
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bookeen
Hi

Any progress on this front?
loviedovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2015, 05:51 PM   #21
timofonic
Zealot
timofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox M96+
I messaged the site owner and no reply, maybe he's too busy...
timofonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 01:15 PM   #22
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
At last: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=276

All hail Mod Ken. Welcome to the club.

Last edited by eschwartz; 12-31-2015 at 01:18 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote